Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
:) I thought that might be it, or some of it, especially after just cracking one myself easily not long ago! :)

I've learned to hold the tip/top band ONLY between my thumb and forefinger while unscrewing the bottom, without touching the side of the tanks at all. I think it's a poor design that causes this, the think plastic in there plus no grip on that base makes for an easy cracking session just waiting to happen!

TFA one tastes good, so yes give it a try! VZ SC is probably better, or equally good, not sure, but I know you get to use a lot less of the SC so I've been waiting to try it and it just keeps getting pushed back on my list because I never have enough $$ to score at VZ at the right time (During the sales:))

Hope the T3 test turns out OK for you, I'd hate to see a good tank lost just for this reason! Don't you have a older tank you don't use anymore that you could try instead? Should be OK since souldeaterzer0 said he's been using @ 2% in CE4's though, so hopefully it'll be alright!

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I do have some older ones but I've been slacking on the cleaning of them so I sacrificed a new one. Have you ever had a real dragon fruit? I've been dying to try one but can't find them here. It's funny what vaping introduces you to. lol

No I've never tried one, nor have I seen one, but I'd love to try it!! I bet it's even better than the vape!

What does Dragon Fruit taste like?

As mentioned above, it's very hard to describe, but if you like fruits I bet you'll like it so be sure to give it a try sometime!

I'd say a light smooth melon flavor (Maybe watermelon-like), and slightly pearish, with some sweet tartness in there as well

Give it a try, I'm sure it wont disappoint! :thumb:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Yes, sweet, a little tart, light tasty fruity yumminess. lol I looked into buying the real thing online and it looks like they grow in FL but it's about the end of the growing season right now. Maybe next year. I read that Whole Foods carries them sometimes but that's a 2 hour drive for me. Asian markets too but not the one here.

Anyway...the T3 is still fine today. :) I'll put some of the TFA version on my list. Like I need any more flavorings. ha

mandingo

Jul 26, 2013
Houma,LA
I use the TFA dragonfruit in my favorite vape:

12% Dragonfruit
2% Lorann's Orange (oil) -very potent
2% Tart and Sour -Lorann's
1% EM

I use it primarily in a Vivi Nova 3ml tank and had no issues with cracking/leaking. With a 1/16 SS mesh wick rebuild on a 10 wrap micro coil w/ 28 guage kanthal wire it is absolute heaven of a vape. Dragonfruit reminds me on a tropical punch like flavor but it really provides the "juicy wet" that some of my other mixes were missing.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
My ADV has been Nashville Vapor's Enter the Dragon dragonfruit juice for a while now, and I've never had an issue with any of my tanks. If you like dragonfruit I highly recommend it.

P.S. pardon my ignorance, but what is TFA? Any other recommendations for a good dragonfruit juice?

We're just talking flavorings, I've never bought a premade dragonfruit. I might try that just because I like the name. lol
TFA is The Flavor Apprentice, they have flavorings for DIY. VZ is Vaping Zone, same deal.

Been using tfa Lemon, Pineapple and other citrus flavors, plus lemon juice and malic acid and vinegar (not alone or all at once, lol) in eVods with no problems, except the cheap knock-offs which leak and are fussy with bases and coils no matter what.

In some tanks, the polycarb recipe seems to handle it; others not so much .... Some crack instantly! ... Manufacturers claim to have switched to stronger plastics .... Some seem to be made out of Saran Wrap and Renolds Wrap. I'm going for glass and just ordered a mini Davide. Just to be safe. NEVER thought I would love sour flavors when I smoked analogs, now they're what I love most.

Careful not to overtighten the base to the tank with eVods or plastic will crack. I twist on base lightly until it stops, then about 1/16 more turn is all it needs, and if it leaks, it is a mis-shapen tank or mis-shapen base or bad o-ring or coil not screwed in tightly, I find.

However, I just ordered some tfa dragonfruit, so I'm gonna put my goggles on just in case. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread