Is having too much different e liquids causing me to smoke ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi guys,

I have been a part time vaper for just over a year, but I really want to be a full time vaper and kick smoking for good, am a great supporter of e cigs, I totally believe in them so much so out of my four close friends I have got them all into vaping, but after me starting the whole movement, they have all been 100% smoke free for a full year !

Apart from me, now am trying to get back in to vaping, six days smoke free now from last Sunday. To try and make my self stick, I treated my self to a brand new BMW F30 320d, which I can easily afford provided I remain Smoke free as I was spending £250 pm, while am doing ok so far, I would love a smoke right now lol

The thing for me is the taste, firstly the vaper feels ...too thin if you know what I mean, as far as smoking goes, they had no taste, or I was so accustom too it I never noticed it, I have tried so many e liquids but true be told I don't like any of them. I have even tried favour less e liquid but it was too dry.

Am thinking all my chopping and changing is my issue, my thinking is if I just stick to one e juice...but I find that so after a few days, one that was just ok... I start to hate it. Now I know if I have a real smoke, it will not taste nice, will leave a film on my teeth, and leave me with a tight chest and yuk fingers.

I need some help guys, I need this to work, I need a wetter, thicker mild juice if such a thing exist. I use ce2 carts and pro vari

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
maybe you just need a stronger nicotine. i have about 12 different flavors right now. i use 2 at a time and change every few days or so just because i need a flavor change, not because i want a smoke. i just get bored easy LOL. vg juice as opposed to pg will give you more/thicker vapor but less flavor. just stick with it and think "at least im not a full time smoker" :)

Jonny2400

Jun 6, 2011
Northern Ireland
Thanks for your advice, I use 18mg and have a lot of vm gear it's 30/70 might try more 100vg think am happy with my strength as it does work, quess bit of habit still to break, quess still miss the set times that I was used to, only saving grace is I have vaped at work for almost a year, but when I got out I smoked all evening.(didn't want to smell of smoke in work)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
More juice volume is obtained, in part, by increasing wattage. What ohm CE2 are you using? What voltage on the Provari?

Also, what juice MG and PG/VG ratio? These little nit-picky pieces of information will help us help you.

It took 5 volt vaping (at 3.0 ohms) to get a "real" hit from e-cigs... for me. More like a cig. Vaping is dryer. I think VG will help that. It may mute the flavor a little bit, but will add visible vapor. The nic is 80% of the "throat hit" then comes the flavor and the PG. However, most are not really "wet".

You can add a drop or two of water to, say, 10ml of the e-liquid. Kinda pre-wets it. Not too much, or you'll wreck it.

Liking juice flavors... I don't even know where to begin, particularly in your area of the globe. Maybe others near you will chime in with suggestions for vendors and flavors. Many vendors here in the US don't ship internationally. You may wish to see the location specific sub-forums for more info. The whole thing is almost totally subjective and must often be experienced and conducted with trial and error, unfortunately.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing...so some questions are redundant.

Last edited:

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
Buy a bottle of Grey Matter from Mister-e-liquid. I have tried so many juices, that do it for me for a week or two, but then they get to sweet, or to much flavor, or to much of this, etc..

I was a menthol smoker, so i get my Grey Matter with Extra Menthol, but the flavor is just so subtle its perfect. Closest thing to an analog i can come to, and im happy with it. Its an unexplainable flavor, and he has it listed under tobacco flavors, and listed under non tobacco, so thats strange. A sample bottle 4ml, is only like $4 i think. Also, heavier throat hit than anything else i have ever tried. I use 18mg nic.

I would vape for a month, then have an analog, and crave the throat hit/flavor of it and fall back into that pattern. With this juice, an analog feels like it doesnt have a throat hit, so it doesnt satisfy me in anyway at all, which is the key for me.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Get a nice Mod or mod that you can adjust the voltage, or get to 6V you will see and feel a thicker warmer vapor that will take care of this thin vapor problem your having for sure. 3ohm Atty @ 6v will be a nice vape, can even go to 3.5 if need be, depends on what Atty, a HH-357 or a good Iken i06 or 510 3.5ohm works really nice at 6V. Maybe grab some 2.5ohm as well in case you want to drop down to 4.8-5v , your good to go.:) There's also nothing wrong with rotating through different flavors, just have an Atty set up for each flavor, or Carto I just prefer good Atty's myself

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
like others said, high vg will give you more of the feel you're looking for from the vapor, but it quells the taste quite a bit...a menthol or mint flavoring works very well when wanting a lot of taste from vg.

i tried going with just one flavor, but i started getting cravings for some odd reason, regardless of which one flavor i chose....switching between just 2 flavors did it for me...one is quite strong (i use peppermint, as it's stronger than most mints, but less harsh than most menthols), the other, quite mellow (malted milk)...i switch off between the two throughout the day.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Ive never tried 36mg pure nic liquid in VG, but that sounds like it would be something to help. It would be strong and mild flavor with excellent vapor.
Strangely enough, I cannot get enough nic @ 18mg. I have to have a cig each day.
I need to vape @ 24 mg to stay off analogs. I can make do with 22 mg, but still crave the 24 mg of 100% vg. One would think that there would be very little difference. But for me it is a huge difference. 36 mg might be overkill. Easy does it if you are currently @ 18 mg. Take small steps.
Keep trying. You can do it.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
You are already using a top of the line VV with your provari. When I am needing a denser vapor I up the voltage on my provari. Other things that have helped me are increasing the percentage of VG in the juices. The best experience I have found for myself is using my provari-set at 5.3V. using a 2ohm dualcoil carto in a DC tank. The juice I use most of the time is 40%vg. For those days when I need more vapor I switch over to my 100%vg juice.

The important thing is to keep trying to quit the cigs. You are making great progress already. Even 1 less regular cig a day is an accomplishment. Dont beat yourself up for having an occasional lapse. Best of luck to you.

MartyWasHere

Jun 18, 2012
Australia
nice ;)

When I finally made the full time switch, I had 36mg in one device and 24mg in the other. When I had a craving or first up in the morning etc, I'd slam the 36mg. And I do mean slam. Hard and as long as it takes. The cravings would be gone in 5 mins or less, so the rest of the day I'd cruise on 24.

18 months later, now on 6mg. Its not hard to reduce the nic 6 months after you make the switch (well, I thought so, YMMV).

My top tips to someone who already has a VV device would be:
*) Hit it as much as you need for a few weeks. All day is fine. Slow down later.
*) Have you tried Boba's yet? ;)

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread