Is it just me or do the ego-c attys hate VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I can run 100% PG Dekang liquids through them all day, no problem, consistent vapor, flavor and taste.

I put even 20% of my 50/vg/50pg Virginia tobacco in with my 100PG dekang usa blend and I start getting less vapor, atty heating up, burning taste.

Blow out the atty, switch back to 100% PG and it's working perfectly again.

It's like five draws on this OVALE 50vg/50pg VT juice and I get atty issues. 100% PG - tried a few and runs nice as pie.

It is a dark juice but still, at around 20VG / 80PG you'd think it wouldn't matter much, just adding a few drops to spice up the dekang usa blend (which is an okay juice, just the Virginia Tobacco is a bit richer.)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I used eGo-c attys/tanks for over a year with 'all vg' without a problem. There's no such thing as 100% VG in ejuice. That would cause a problem. VG nic base has nic in it! VG blending diluents have or should have water in them sometimes 80:20 VG:H2O. Flavoring can have some VG in it - for those who have PG allergies - ususally a DIY thing although some vendors offer VG based flavoring but then the flavoring itself is not VG. About the best you can do is about 70% VG on any 'all vg ejuice'.

An 80:20 VG to H2O blending diluent is what most (like 50% of the total ejuice) of our 'vg ejuices' are and that ratio makes VG about the same viscosity as most PG blending diluents. Some PG's are thinned even more causing some leaking problems in high heat.

If you're having problems with VG ejuices, then it is more likely the particulates in the flavoring OR the vendor or DIYer doesn't dilute the VG with distilled water either in the nic base or the diluent or both.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yeah could be. This one dark VT juice, I threw it out yesterday. The other 50/50 sample 1.1ml tanks I got 20 of - the clear ones do vape well.

Guess stay away from dark juices if they have vg in 'em. Tbh I'm becoming quite the fan of dekang, so not really an issue anymore as they are 100% pg.

I hear you. When I find a flavor I like, that is dark, I'll try to find one not as dark from another vendor even in VG. Amazing the differences in coffee ejuices just for example - some are darker than coffee and some you can see through lol....

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah could be. This one dark VT juice, I threw it out yesterday. The other 50/50 sample 1.1ml tanks I got 20 of - the clear ones do vape well.

Guess stay away from dark juices if they have vg in 'em. Tbh I'm becoming quite the fan of dekang, so not really an issue anymore as they are 100% pg.

I read where you could add a drop or two of vodka to the tank to help with this problem. I have not tried it yet. Just thought I'd put my :2c: in. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread