Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Is it just me or have others noticed an increase in closed post and banned members. I've been on several threads lately that have all ended with disaster or closed by the Moderators. (Thank you again for your support to this GREAT FORUM).
I mean everything from threats. Yes I received one, but like I'm really worried about it.
Please help the new members and those who have not been here long to know and RESPECCT the rules. I realize that a lot of today's youth have no respect. And then a heck of a LOT of them do respect the rules.
I've broken more than one and learned. (yea even at my age and mind set I can still learn sometimes).
We've had a lot of members and suppliers having a really hard time this year. (mine ain't been so great either).
If the moderators will permit let's just take a moment to reflect on why we are all here.
Thank you for reading this.
And if you don't agree with this then we can both agree to disagree.
Happy Holidays and a very merry Christmas to all.

riseabovethestorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Grayling, MI, USA
www.kalkaskamma.com
I cant believe you said that! Whats your problem pal! If we were not on a forum, know what Id do? Sit down and have a vape with you;-)

I always try to Pm people when I see them getting in warning or lost point territory. Other members did the same for me when I was a noob.

I think it's the responsibility of every regular to act as volunteer mods in a way. Every forum has it's own code of conduct and this one is no different. It's our responsibility to give new users a heads up regarding rule breaks and bends. When I was a lower-level manager in the fast food industry, I used to tell people "Now I'm telling you this nicely so you can avoid getting yelled at by [the store manager]."

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I think it's the responsibility of every regular to act as volunteer mods in a way. Every forum has it's own code of conduct and this one is no different. It's our responsibility to give new users a heads up regarding rule breaks and bends. When I was a lower-level manager in the fast food industry, I used to tell people "Now I'm telling you this nicely so you can avoid getting yelled at by [the store manager]."

100% agreed Its our forum all of us set the tone and attitude. To date I have never received anything but a thanks from some one when I gave them a heads up.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Bring it on family!!!!! I've just never seen this amount before. Yea I got spanked. But then I also got a Big Pat on the back sometimes.
Were after the same thing.
TO TRY AND HELP OTHERS, "Ignorance can be cured with knowledge and education. But you can't fix stupid."
and To Buzzlove: No problem with me. I'm not long for this life. So It's just my own very personal opinion.
But like I said at the first.
We can both agree to disagree. No threats or harsh language. I learn each time I'm here.
Ive been threatened before and I really don't care anymore. I just want to education to live on in ECF and CASAA.
I won't go any farther than that, We've spoken before and I respect your wisdom.
This was about the amount of junk that the mods are having to deal with.
Happy Holidays. To ALL my friends, Family and loved ones here on ECF:toast:
I hope only the best for everyone here. No bad intentions were meant with this thread. Vape like you live. HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
Now that you bring this up, there was a thread that I was following with particular interest. It was located here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/500114-start-mech-mod-brand.html

All of a sudden, the thread is no longer there. :ohmy: I have no idea what happened to it. If it was moved, please tell me where I may find it. If it was deleted, please tell us why it was deleted so that some other member might avoid making the same mistake.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Now that you bring this up, there was a thread that I was following with particular interest. It was located here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/500114-start-mech-mod-brand.html

All of a sudden, the thread is no longer there. :ohmy: I have no idea what happened to it. If it was moved, please tell me where I may find it. If it was deleted, please tell us why it was deleted so that some other member might avoid making the same mistake.

You need to ask a Moderator about this concern. Cause I can't locate the post.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I think there are a *lot* of people here on edge, anxious about what seems like an onslaught of bad news and pending decisions (EU, Chicago, New York, etc...). And that damned FDA ruling just looms over our head with absolutely no indication of when it might rain down terror upon us. I am amazed at the overall decorum and civility displayed on this forum though. It's quite unique and in general, is one of the nicest places I've ever been :)

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I haven't been around all that long so I don't know what has really changed before May. One thing that has changed is when people used to see a thread that was about to go bad, we would make jokes and take it off topic. Comic relief. Turns out we were being bad little children and had to stop. Oh well, threadjacking is against the rules even if the intent is good.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
If this thread turns out bad believe me I will request it to be closed DOWN NOW.
:vapor:
Keep it up and maybe we can actually help someone that's lost or just confused.

Ive always thought you were a good guy TNT I dont remember the thread but someone was trolling and getting everyone stirred up you piped in with some reason and calmed everyone down. Its always stuck with me ever since that guy is one cool cat;-)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

It was deleted.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Ive always thought you were a good guy TNT I dont remember the thread but someone was trolling and getting everyone stirred up you piped in with some reason and calmed everyone down. Its always stuck with me ever since that guy is one cool cat;-)
Don't know what thread it could have been. I've tried to remain civil through out all the threads. But when I see things going south. You bet I'll stand up and try to calm them. If not clamed then banned. This is to great a place to abuse. (which some do). This ain't Facebook people. It's the World Wide Web. WWW.
I've made friends here that would be welcomed in my home to share a beer or vape or build something. Just a good time and comfort for all.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
It was deleted.

Ok ... but why? It seemed like quite a civil discussion, at least the posts that I read. I'm just trying to determine what caused that thread to be deleted. Normally, a thread gets closed with a note from the mod as to why it was closed. But, to delete a thread means that some egregious breach of rules was likely encountered. I'm merely attempting to find out what that might have been.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
tnt56, wid ya, ol' buddy!

I've learned (via a classy mod) to not hit da 'enter' when I'm really pizzed at a post(er). Can't count da times I could of been given a vacation. Oh yeah, I CAN count da times I was!!!

I'll do day-um near anything to help those I can. BUT, I absolutely have 'skin crawl' when someone new tries to barge in and attempt to change our ECF culture!!!

And yes, I do get acerbic at times; but normally with a 'purpose'...
icon_wink.gif

BTW, ever notice dat da
stir.gif
don't show up in threads as yours?!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread