Is it me or do many of the juices out there have practically no flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob4092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
USA
I have tried tons of juices out there. I am not suffering from Vapor's tongue. The great majority of juices out there seem to have very, very subtle flavor. I want flavor I can taste. For instance, I have tried several Gummy Bears and not a single one of them tastes like Gummy Bear candy....none!

Where can I find juice that actually tastes like what it is called? If I order Red Bull, I'd like it to taste like Red Bull energy drink. If I order Grape, I'd like it to taste like Grape, not some flavor I can't recognize.

I'd also like my juice to taste stronger....not chemically stronger, but flavor stronger. The only juice I find out there that tastes like the name says are menthols, mints, etc.

Recommendations for juice companies whose flavors taste like they are supposed to. If I buy cheesecake, I would like it to taste like cheesecake, not some very, very subtle "...?" flavor I cannot recognize.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I recently got some Ahlusions Blueberry Vanilla Cake (Xpress) that tastes like a blueberry muffin. Perhaps a little on the lite site, but wasn't really hiding like some others I have seen.
My problem is finding a good chocolate that doesn't taste burnt or weird.

But yes, most mints have been good, especially those that are over the top.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
It's not you; I have the same problem. I can't speak to "tasting exactly like they sound", but I've been very happy with Indigo Vapor. I've tried 6 or 7 of their flavors so far, and have ordered 3X from them. The ones I've liked most are the tobacco flavors, which vape to me more like desserts. Very rich and flavorful. And really good vapor production too.

The one sample I got from Captivapes (Redrum) was also very flavorful.

So two out of probably 10 vendors that I've tried have given me any long-term satisfaction. I'm sure there are others and there are more I'd like to try but for now I'm happy with Indigo (and Aroma for the WTA).

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
@Rob, yeah, its very frustrating. I got a Bavarian cream that tasted like rotten lemon from one place. I also found that the gummy bear ones were just that... The gummy bear "flavor" was added, but no fruit. I added a little cherry from another prebottle to one of my gummy bears and bang, finally now I was getting somewhere. I often wondered if some places actually tested their products or they just thought, ok they want this flavor, and that's what this flavor "says" it is, so that's what they get.

There are also many juice vendors out there that will do double flavor, but this too is a double edged sword because you could get double the bad flavor.

Ive read red bull is a hard flavor to find a good one. Most people report the ones they get taste like cough syrup.

I got a really really good peanut butter cup from vapors paradise. I got it with double flavor and I swear I was eating a peanut butter cup (of which during xmas I eat about 5000 of those little ones). Their chocolate banana milkshake at 2x flavor was yummy. But he vanilla chill (vanilla and cinnamon) at 2x almost burned my nose hairs out because of too much cinnamon.

I got a great cheesecake from a local store that will have their online store done very soon called purely vapors. Unfortunately they only do 80/20 and im 60/40

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have tried tons of juices out there. I am not suffering from Vapor's tongue. The great majority of juices out there seem to have very, very subtle flavor. I want flavor I can taste.

I'd also like my juice to taste stronger....not chemically stronger, but flavor stronger. The only juice I find out there that tastes like the name says are menthols, mints, etc.
How long have you been exclusively vaping? Explain how you know you are not suffering from Vapor's Tongue. Just curious about your answer.

Try a cinnamon flavor. It's a strong flavor much like the menthols and mints. Many cinnamon flavors compare to Big Red gum or cinnamon tic tacs. Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid is a strong, if somewhat odd flavor.

Strong flavors can overload your taste buds to the point to where they won't be able to taste anything. Be careful what you ask for; sometimes subtle can be a good thing in the long run.

Rob4092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
USA
Been vaping three months now.

Use a SVD and Vamo. Tanks: Kanger Pro Tanks, X9 Pro Tanks, vivi Nova's, mini Nova's, CE4's, T3's, T2's,

Tried no less than 20 juices. Researched a lot about Vaper's Tounge. I don't suffer from it.

I just tried Liqua Grape. Tastes somewhere between nuclear fallout and ... water. Yuk! Too much chemical taste!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I say if it's not vapers' tongue, it very could be hardware. If it's not hardware, it could be the liquid choices. I don't know about everyone else, but "Gummi Bears" in real life ain't what I would consider to be packed with flavor. However, if you have optimum performing hardware, and you're looking for a good Red Bull flavor, look no further than AromeJuice's Mad Matador. I've recommended this many times and while I am not much for Red Bull, this flavor is 100% that flavor. I swear I can taste the guarana in it. LOL. It has a tremendous throat hit also.

WHat are you using to vape? I recommend trying to use a good 510 atty to try flavors out in, though I use them exclusively.

Edit***I see from above what you are using and I still recommend a good 510 atty to try flavors out in. I couldn't imagine having to do much more than drip a couple drops to determine whether or not I want to stick with a flavor.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have tried tons of juices out there. I am not suffering from Vapor's tongue. The great majority of juices out there seem to have very, very subtle flavor. I want flavor I can taste. For instance, I have tried several Gummy Bears and not a single one of them tastes like Gummy Bear candy....none!

This is One of the Reasons that I got into DIY. So I could take a Retail e-Liquid and add a Few Drops of Flavoring to make it Stronger.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Big, spot on flavors is what I look for, too. Copper Creek's fruits are pretty bold and the flavors are as close to the real thing you can get. Their Passionfruit and Apricot are especially great. If you like candy flavors, maybe give Vixen's Pixie Dust and Sweet & Tart a try I order them with 2x flavor. Butterscotch from HDV was a big pleasant surprise for me. The flavor could not be more exact. It is one of my new 'can't live without' juices.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Sorry to hijack but Mike, have you tried nicoticket's chocolate? Best I have ever tried..and choc is a hard flavor to find.

Come to think of it, OP have you tried nicoticket? Judging from your post you like fruity, sour candy type stuff so I dunno but you might want to give them a look.

To be honest, I don't think you will find vaping is the same as say, sucking on a hard candy of a particular flavor. All you can do is keep trying.

I recently got some Ahlusions Blueberry Vanilla Cake (Xpress) that tastes like a blueberry muffin. Perhaps a little on the lite site, but wasn't really hiding like some others I have seen.
My problem is finding a good chocolate that doesn't taste burnt or weird.

But yes, most mints have been good, especially those that are over the top.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I'm the opposite. I like lighter flavor...

there are some companies known for stronger flavor... try un unicorn blood from fusion or gummi blood. never heard anyone complain about flavor intensity on these. wayyy too strong for me too.

ask around... ask those that have tried a lot of companies... and some vendors will allow you to request strong flavor...

SGTgilbuena

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Afghanistan
I'd also like my juice to taste stronger....not chemically stronger, but flavor stronger. The only juice I find out there that tastes like the name says are menthols, mints, etc. QUOTE]

I've found that when I switched to mech mods, RDA's and sub ohm vaping that the flavor really gets muted but the vapor production is way up there. The only juice that seems to have any flavor are Virgin Vapors Kona Velvet Milkshake and Celestial Honeydew. Going back to the low res clearos though, the flavors seem to be more intense.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You didn't mention what you've tried, what if any you did like, and which ones you didn't like. You also don't talk about how you're tasting your juices. None of the clearos you mentioned are known for spectacular flavor, and depending on how you're using them you may or may not be shooting yourself in the foot.

For example, some juices that seem to have a very subtle flavor require less heat than you would think. It's somewhat counter intuitive but I've had juices that taste bland at 8 watts, but are spectacular down lower around 6.5-7(Deadman's Party from The Standard is like this).

A few suggestions to try:
Good Life Vapor has a good strawberry gummy(zombie blood).
Mount Baker Vapor's Ecto Cooler has really intense citrus flavor(only use in a glass tank), and they offer additional flavor shots on all of their flavors.
Halo's Shamrock is a really rich chocolate mint.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
@Rob, yeah, its very frustrating. I got a Bavarian cream that tasted like rotten lemon from one place. I also found that the gummy bear ones were just that... The gummy bear "flavor" was added, but no fruit. I added a little cherry from another prebottle to one of my gummy bears and bang, finally now I was getting somewhere. I often wondered if some places actually tested their products or they just thought, ok they want this flavor, and that's what this flavor "says" it is, so that's what they get.

There are also many juice vendors out there that will do double flavor, but this too is a double edged sword because you could get double the bad flavor.

Ive read red bull is a hard flavor to find a good one. Most people report the ones they get taste like cough syrup.

I got a really really good peanut butter cup from vapors paradise. I got it with double flavor and I swear I was eating a peanut butter cup (of which during xmas I eat about 5000 of those little ones). Their chocolate banana milkshake at 2x flavor was yummy. But he vanilla chill (vanilla and cinnamon) at 2x almost burned my nose hairs out because of too much cinnamon.

I got a great cheesecake from a local store that will have their online store done very soon called purely vapors. Unfortunately they only do 80/20 and im 60/40

Yup... their cheesecake is pretty good. I also liked their Kettle Corn.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Sorry to hijack but Mike, have you tried nicoticket's chocolate? Best I have ever tried..and choc is a hard flavor to find.

Come to think of it, OP have you tried nicoticket? Judging from your post you like fruity, sour candy type stuff so I dunno but you might want to give them a look.

To be honest, I don't think you will find vaping is the same as say, sucking on a hard candy of a particular flavor. All you can do is keep trying.

Not yet, I'll have to try it. I really like the Bare Nake Blueberry and Creme Brulee I got.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Ive had both experiences.

Some of the tobacco juices I have come to like, come from Mt Baker Vapor. I didnt like them at first, but they grew on me. The ones I like are semi-sweet tobaccos, but still not cloying or overly sweet.

RY4
    Maple Rum

All three are smooth and rich, with no shortage of flavor. The RY4 mixed with some Maple Pecan or Hazelnut Spread is something I have vaped a whole lot of. And the 555 on its own is

Also, Fuzion has some serious flavor to their juices. Im not a big fan of fruit types, but Fuzion makes a few I just love.
    Krankberry- If you cant taste this, your toungue is broken
    Unicorn Blood
    XTC
    Roundhouse w/ Cream

All four are not only wonderfully delicious, but cant be mistaken. I actually had a bit of a hard time getting the flavor out of an Evod head or two with these.. I ended up just dedicating those heads to the juices.

Two hints that mayhelp-

1- switch flavors. Staying with one flavor tank after tank, will ruin your ability to taste it. And it will be a while before you can taste it again. I did that with a butterscotch. Its been about a month since Ive had it, and Im just starting to taste it again.. through an HH 357 Atty. It was so weird, it literally just disappeared on me, no flavor at all.

2- Drink lots of water.

3-Ok, and extra tip. Have some spicy food every now and then. I had a Wendys Spicy Chicken after about a week of vaping, and later that night I noticed that, flavors I was vaping earlier in the day, were crisper and brighter. Could be Im waking up the tastebuds, or clearing the sinuses, not sure.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread