Is it me, or does DSE901b tastes better than the kissbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siggywiggy

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2008
I started with the Smoking Everywhere (what a STUPID name for a company!!!) brand of DSE901band recently got the Kissbox.

I notice that YES the kissbox produces more vapor, BUT (and this is a big but), the little smoking everywhere tastes much better.

The flavor of the Kissbox is very VERY subtle and a bit frustrating in fact, whereas the 901b has a strong flavor of whatever flavor you are inhaling, and even leaves a nice burning nicotine residue which I love. The Kissbox flavor is so mild that it's hard to tell which juice I'm using unless I blow through my nose and really think about it!!

Am i the only one that notices this?

MERGED: :)
If this damn forum would let me edit my posts (ARGH!!) I would have changed my post! The first few drags after I put some new juice in my 901b were ridiculously flavorful, then after that they died down somewhat. I do think the flavor is somewhat more pronounced in the little guy though....just not as much as when I wrote the above.

This crap about having to post 15 times before you can edit your posts makes absolutely no sense!

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyph

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Derby, UK
I have a janty classic. Very good e-cig but the smoke seems drier and less full flavoured than the screwdriver and 901. I think a lot of this is personal tase just like ciggy brands. I also have 2 super minis atomisers and 4 batteries . Basicaly they are a waste of space except one specific battery with one specific atomiser creates a realy good vape. Any other combination is hopeless.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
there are two 901 types.. one does run hotter than the other.. the more common RN 901 type (coloured ones) is the hot one.. the original dse 901 is the cooler one..

horses for course.. the cooler one is more mellow.. the hotter one more harsh and and has more vapour and throat bite..

all screwdrivers shipped in the last two weeks have the cooler running dse atomizers.. when the batch runs out we are going back to the hotter RN type..

this kind of knowledge is only just showing up.. we learn as we go along..

trog

ps.. i think u have the RN type tony.. the original dse type can be obtained from wayne at HG china.. most UK/US resellers stock the RN type

Last edited:

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
I noticed something similar between my Janty Classic and Puresmoker penstyle. In my case, though, Janty chocolate tastes way better with the Janty, while Ry4/coffee tastes way better with the Puresmoker penstyle.... I wondered whether it was something about temperature, or the size of the holes in the atomizer, or what.... Something to keep in mind, though....

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Thank you for that insight, Shawn. I will try to experiment with the draw to see whether the flavors taste differently that way. It had not occurred to me that that could be a reason for the difference, although it makes sense. I guess, however, that the way the atomizer is made is part of that (or the temperature it burns at), too, otherwise the same draw would yield the same taste with the same liquid.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
One of the very small flaws of the kissbox is to increase vapor it tends to overcook the juice. And one of the very qualities of smokingeverywhere is it somehow has a very good, (though plastic-y) flavor. I honestly have tried 15 ecigs so far and each one the taste is very different and I dont think anyone knows why exactly yet. Just the way the air hits the device In think...

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
it could be the draw on the different units. sometimes with the janty a long slow easy draw make them work the best for me. usually this way there is a good amount of vapor an plenty of taste. it might just come down to each model needing a little different technique.

Shawn, 100% correct, plus, when u find a great atomizer, cherish it, i find they are far, and few, in between. The manufacturing is so inconsistent, it sucks.

I have tried over 75 so far, and found about 15, or 20% to be great/good.8-ohopefully it will get betta:p

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the chines makers are all moving towards easier to draw atomizers.. when the air passage governs the process (hard to suck) the user has little control.. its impossible to pull more air thru the device than it wants u to..

the later variants have less restricted air passages.. the latest dse 901 batteries also have a more sensitive "suck" switch..

this all pans out to the user being able to suck slow or fast.. they have some control.. the slower and more gentle the suck the more powerfull the vapour is.. but the less there is..

the faster the suck the more air gets mixed in to dilute the vapour.. more but weaker vapour is the result..

the chinese have their simple priorities.. more real cig like.. easier to draw thru goes along with this.. so does smaller..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread