Is it me or does this taste like ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I bought 2 bottles of Phillips Rocke, The Soda and 2 bottles of the Home Slice, and I cleaned both of my tanks and put in fresh coils that I prewetted both coils filled the tanks up let sit for 10 minutes or more, and it tastes like .... on the inhale and tastes like .... on the exhale, it does make decent clouds but I can't vape it and tried different wattages and not dropping or exceding the wattage range of the coil and didn't burn the coils, its just is ....ty juice that I well never order again

Attachments

• 20201205_215754.jpg
    20201205_215754.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20201205_221511.jpg
    20201205_221511.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
Watched a couple video reviews of The Soda... one liked it, the other said it was not good. It is 80 % VG... very thick (might not wick well depending on your device/coils)
I think your right I'm using a Voopoo MAAT Tank with triple mesh .17 ohm coils and they taste great with 70/30 and they are both very thick 80% VG juice, I've been looking at getting a 80w to a 100w regulated Squonk Mod that uses a 21700 and a single coil bottom feed RDA and it might it might taste better, and work better cause I do like ejuice with more VG so would be good in Squonk

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
Never heard of it but looked it up. This place has them at insanely low sale prices (makes me wonder why):
Phillip Rocke E-liquid
Did they have expiration dates? Did you get your usual nicotine strength?
P.S. ECF filters curse words ;)
yes it's 3mg that what I vape, and there is no expiration date, I think I bought them to cause I was a couple dollars short for free shipping

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
By the way, not much on soda (cola) juices and most cherry flavors taste fake anyway. Can you describe what you didn't like about the Home Slice (lemon meringue pie)?
More questions... have you used the same coils before? Do you break in the coil at lower watts first, then gradually increase?
Hey, I'm no expert but have learned so much on these forums.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
T
By the way, not much on soda (cola) juices and most cherry flavors taste fake anyway. Can you describe what you didn't like about the Home Slice (lemon meringue pie)?
More questions... have you used the same coils before? Do you break in the coil at lower watts first, then gradually increase?
Hey, I'm no expert but have learned so much on these forums.
There not normal wire coils, they are Triple mesh coils like one in the pics and yes I start at the lower wattage then go up to where I like the wattage

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I ordered 2 of these Pico Squeeze 2 100watt Squonk kits with the Coral 2 single coil RDA and ordered premade .2ohm coils and some organic cotton, the Pico 2's were $19.95 each so I grabbed 2 and they are shipping from Irvine Ca and live close to Lake Tahoe, so it should not take too long to get even though the USPS is crap right now

Attachments

• pico-squeeze2_05_2.jpg
    pico-squeeze2_05_2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Squeeze-2-with-Coral-2_02.png
    Squeeze-2-with-Coral-2_02.png
    428 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Seiggy

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
There not normal wire coils, they are Triple mesh coils like one in the pics and yes I start at the lower wattage then go up to where I like the wattage
yes, I know what kind of coils they are (by the way they should handle the high VG OK) I have never used a squonk setup (but wish I had... a close friend here on ECF kept trying to convice me... I'm sure I would have liked it) Actually, he has one of those and likes it. I think his favorite squonk mod is the Topside Dual (not sure what RDA he uses) Hope you have better luck with trying new juices. Yes, with christmas coming, USPS is going to suck!

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I got the Squonk and its the same thing, all the ejuice tastes bland, no taste on inhale and bland taste on the exhale, I do not get why its tasting like crap its a 0.2 ohm Clapton Coil with organic cotton and vape from 50 to 60 watts and anymore than that it spits juice in you mouth, lower than 50 watts and there is no taste and is not warm enough for me, I do not understand and have spent enough money on mods and tanks and now a Squonk and it seems like a waste to me now, cause it all tastes like crap, but I can taste my food and smell it, so now idea why I can not taste the juice

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I got the Squonk and its the same thing, all the ejuice tastes bland, no taste on inhale and bland taste on the exhale, I do not get why its tasting like crap its a 0.2 ohm Clapton Coil with organic cotton and vape from 50 to 60 watts and anymore than that it spits juice in you mouth, lower than 50 watts and there is no taste and is not warm enough for me, I do not understand and have spent enough money on mods and tanks and now a Squonk and it seems like a waste to me now, cause it all tastes like crap, but I can taste my food and smell it, so now idea why I can not taste the juice
For a variety of reasons some juice is unfit for consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread