Is it me or is she crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Ok. My wife always complains that her setup isnt as nice as mine. Granted, I typically am more on buying more, goin through more and generally do have 'nicer' setups. But after I bought my first mech mod, with and rsst tank, built to about .7 ohms she tasted the exact juice outta her iTaste with ViVi Nova. Ok, duh my setup is gonna give better vape, better flavor but heres the deal with that. I bought her a mech mod with the EXACT TANK, but the EXCAT same way. Same juice she still says hers tastes different, not as good. Just to prove a point I switched tanks with her. Without her knowing....hahaha, just to see if I was the one goin crazy. Well she still complained. I knew it was her. So I said, ok lets switch tanks. We did, this time she knew of course. Well, then her response....."oh yea so much better, why??" I tried to explain to her what i did. She didnt believe me. What ever. In the end she switched back to the iTaste and Novas. I guess I got a new mech n tank....it's fine by me. But now she acts like she wants a 266650 mech with a Tobh Atty. Which I wont do. She'll find a way to say it's not the same. I'm not against her buying new setups, but I am when she doesnt even know how to use them. She wont build. or even try to learn ya feel me?

anyone else have their spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend say the same?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just gave my wife my old reo and rm2 with the build in it I was vaping on. Added new, better batteries and a new, better charger. Now she has the best of both worlds... It was mine and she got it from me exactly how it was when it was better than hers... and it performs even better with the new batteries.

The charger was for my piece of mind since I can't always be there.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ok. My wife always complains that her setup isnt as nice as mine. Granted, I typically am more on buying more, goin through more and generally do have 'nicer' setups. But after I bought my first mech mod, with and rsst tank, built to about .7 ohms she tasted the exact juice outta her iTaste with ViVi Nova. Ok, duh my setup is gonna give better vape, better flavor but heres the deal with that. I bought her a mech mod with the EXACT TANK, but the EXCAT same way. Same juice she still says hers tastes different, not as good. Just to prove a point I switched tanks with her. Without her knowing....hahaha, just to see if I was the one goin crazy. Well she still complained. I knew it was her. So I said, ok lets switch tanks. We did, this time she knew of course. Well, then her response....."oh yea so much better, why??" I tried to explain to her what i did. She didnt believe me. What ever. In the end she switched back to the iTaste and Novas. I guess I got a new mech n tank....it's fine by me. But now she acts like she wants a 266650 mech with a Tobh Atty. Which I wont do. She'll find a way to say it's not the same. I'm not against her buying new setups, but I am when she doesnt even know how to use them. She wont build. or even try to learn ya feel me?

anyone else have their spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend say the same?

I have not had that experience so this is my opinion only. You seem to be in a no win situation. For me, if I tell my wife 'I'm being honest and this is what I did', she believes me. If she tells me that, I believe her. Both of us will leave the doubts behind in that situation and move on.

I would try getting two of the setups she really thinks she wants. Build them both the same and then lay them on the table and ask her which she would like for the day. If it turns out she doesn't like that one, exchange setups. If it happens that she prefers the other setup for a week straight, point out to her that you gave her the choice of which one to take and you had no way of knowing which one she would chose. It's very unlikely she picked the 'worse' one so many times in a row because even if you had built one better than the other it is statistically impossible that she would have picked the 'incorrect' one so many times.

If that doesn't work, either quit building her vape gear, go to counseling or divorce her.

I know, I'm not much help am I ... :facepalm:

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
I have not had that experience so this is my opinion only. You seem to be in a no win situation. For me, if I tell my wife 'I'm being honest and this is what I did', she believes me. If she tells me that, I believe her. Both of us will leave the doubts behind in that situation and move on.

I would try getting two of the setups she really thinks she wants. Build them both the same and then lay them on the table and ask her which she would like for the day. If it turns out she doesn't like that one, exchange setups. If it happens that she prefers the other setup for a week straight, point out to her that you gave her the choice of which one to take and you had no way of knowing which one she would chose. It's very unlikely she picked the 'worse' one so many times in a row because even if you had built one better than the other it is statistically impossible that she would have picked the 'incorrect' one so many times.

If that doesn't work, either quit building her vape gear, go to counseling or divorce her.

I know, I'm not much help am I ... :facepalm:

well, i guess the 'she did believe me' was a lil'bit of an stretch.....she did. after a while. She cant figure out why mine always tastes better. But i'll tell ya what. i've already stopped doin the setups for her. I took the mech and the rsst. HAHAA!! :evil: she's fine with it.......i'm glad your Significant other doesnt do the same to you...

and you were plenty help!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
well, i guess the 'she did believe me' was a lil'bit of an stretch.....she did. after a while. She cant figure out why mine always tastes better. But i'll tell ya what. i've already stopped doin the setups for her. I took the mech and the rsst. HAHAA!! :evil: she's fine with it.......i'm glad your Significant other doesnt do the same to you...

Good to hear that my friend and it sounds to me like you two are headed in the right direction :thumb:

You guys can do this :)

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
My setup is nicer than any other. Nicer than yours or your wife's. It has kept me off cigarettes for 164 days.
No Mech, No dripper. Just a couple of battery tubes, Provari, iTaste VV V3 and Vamo's (that I rarely use), and a Kayfun and Nautilus.

and your point? you have crap tons of money to waste on a provari? good for you. that wasnt the point of the post. you can go away now.
hahahaha
but really. i'm not a fan of provari. lots of ppl are, that's great. but honestly not the point of the post. if you have nothing to add i really dont wanna hear from you. BTW, i've been smoke free longer.

Last edited:

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
and your point? you have crap tons of money to waste on a provari? good for you. that wasnt the point of the post. you can go away now.
hahahaha
but really. i'm not a fan of provari. lots of ppl are, that's great. but honestly not the point of the post. if you have nothing to add i really dont wanna hear from you. BTW, i've been smoke free longer.

And what is your problem? My post wasn't about GEAR. It WAS about staying off cigarettes no matter what GEAR you use. That is the point of Vaping. Nothing else.

I'm not a fan of Mech's or drippers.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
And what is your problem? My post wasn't about GEAR. It WAS about staying off cigarettes no matter what GEAR you use. That is the point of Vaping. Nothing else.

I'm not a fan of Mech's or drippers.
Holy crap. Yup I apologize. I miss read ur post. Im goin crossed eyed. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Congrats on bein smoke free for 164 days.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I got my wife into vaping too. When I get my setup back from her it ain't tasting so good. The problem is her draw is very different from mine and you got to keep that air moving or the juice can burn. If she asked to use a setup, I try to build to suit her draw.

Also, pulling the old switcheroo on your wife is usually not a good idea. When you set someone up to feel stupid, they feel stupid. Are the hurt feeling worth making the point?

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
I got my wife into vaping too. When I get my setup back from her it ain't tasting so good. The problem is her draw is very different from mine and you got to keep that air moving or the juice can burn. If she asked to use a setup, I try to build to suit her draw.

Also, pulling the old switcheroo on your wife is usually not a good idea. When you set someone up to feel stupid, they feel stupid. Are the hurt feeling worth making the point?

OH i was setin her to prove a point, it was in her head. but i get where you're coming from. i nvr thought about draw. hmm....that could be it. son of a beach. good point. i'll have to see if she needs a build for a tighter drawer or more 'airy'. thnx.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I have to push things on my wife. She never wants anything. I get something nice and she leaves it at that. Then i go get her the same thing and she is happy, but will never ever ask for something nice. She will settle for what she gets even if it is a piece of crap. This has its advatage in my house. I walk away looking great doing the absolute most i can making sure she has everything. This not only goes for vape stuff but for all things. She grew up very very poor so she is very grateful for everything. I just got really lucky here.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
The only time I've ever gotten the short end of the stick so to speak was when I loaned her vape gear out to my friend/boss. That was a mistake, never do that BTW, I know better than that but I guess at the time it seemed like a good idea since it sat unused. I just saw it as I gave her something she didn't really like or use so I loaned it to someone that needed it.

She saw it as me giving her .... away, period lol. Now back on topic, the biggest issue we have with gear and equipment is that my significant other is a female. So she has female tendencies even though she's the coolest chick in the whole world, she sometimes changes her mind or wants something because she thinks she wants it, and she's always right about everything, I don't argue that last point unless I think someone might die or get hurt, etc.

Our secret is that all of her vaping gear is stuff I'm excited to use if she doesn't like it. That way, she gets what she wants and if she likes something of mine better, I'm happy to take whatever she doesn't want. It has an unintended placebo effect. Where your wife has the placebo effect that if it's yours its better, mine gets the placebo effect of "mine must be better because he's really wanting it for himself." It's not a perfect system but worst case scenario is I get a free pass on new equipment when I can say "we got it for you"

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have to push things on my wife. She never wants anything. I get something nice and she leaves it at that. Then i go get her the same thing and she is happy, but will never ever ask for something nice. She will settle for what she gets even if it is a piece of crap. This has its advatage in my house. I walk away looking great doing the absolute most i can making sure she has everything. This not only goes for vape stuff but for all things. She grew up very very poor so she is very grateful for everything. I just got really lucky here.

Yes, you did! And it's nice that you KNOW you got lucky!

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
My wife never touched a cigarette in her life. She wears the pants around the house and I submit myself to make her happy. LOL

I'm sorry, I'm not in a good position to give advise here - but mind that if you displease your woman, no matter what she wants, she'll remember... whatever you do, be good to her and things will go well lol

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
When we go out to eat, my wife often likes my entree better than the one she orders for herself. Your wife isn't unusual.

It's kinda cute, but can sometimes get a little annoying. I'll order the fish because I want fish. She'll get the pasta, and I'll end up eating half of that because she ate half of my fish. I didn't want pasta, I just wanted my fish! And when I leave the restaurant, I still want fish, but my belly is full of the pasta I didn't want.

I had a point here, but I don't remember what it was.

:)

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
When we go out to eat, my wife often likes my entree better than the one she orders for herself. Your wife isn't unusual.

It's kinda cute, but can sometimes get a little annoying. I'll order the fish because I want fish. She'll get the pasta, and I'll end up eating half of that because she ate half of my fish. I didn't want pasta, I just wanted my fish! And when I leave the restaurant, I still want fish, but my belly is full of the pasta I didn't want.

I had a point here, but I don't remember what it was.

:)
My wife does the same. In fact she waits for me to order then orders....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread