Status
Not open for further replies.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Hey fellow Reonauts!

Having issues with "denting" batteries. Not sure if it it's my REO or charger causing it. Any ideas? These batts have only been used in a REO and not any telescopic mods.

At first I thought it was my charger. I spoke with RTD and they said that it happens sometimes with the chargers. But just yesterday someone posted to a FB group with the same issue. And his batts were only used in a REO too! So it got me thinking maybe it's something going on with my REO and not the charger.

Hope the pic shows you what I'm talking about.

Thanks for any info!

batts.jpg

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
it that both pos and neg ends of flat tops?

The pic shows negative ends. The left batt is a flat top Efest. The right batt is an AW button top.

Spring loaded chargers do that if you let go and the let spring pop the battery. After I noticed it on my first two batteries I make sure to slowly let the spring slide into place on the battery. I don't have that on any of my new batteries.

Thank you for the info. Currently using an i2. Was thinking about upgrading to an i4 or an Efest Luc4. I've outgrown a 2 bay charger lol.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
The pic shows negative ends. The left batt is a flat top Efest. The right batt is an AW button top.

Thank you for the info. Currently using an i2. Was thinking about upgrading to an i4 or an Efest Luc4. I've outgrown a 2 bay charger lol.

i love my efest luc4... boys ruined my first one with water, got a second one... might look into getting a xtar, like the digital display...

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I have friends that have dented the batts in their REOs from pushing down way too hard on the firing button every time they fire their REO for weeks/months. They didn't know that they had to occasionally file down the firing pin and use noalox so they would just push harder and harder the more gunked up the firing pin got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread