Is it normal for juice to come out while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaani

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, so I recently purchased my first e cig, it’s a smok nord. I filled up 2 pods, one with the mesh coil and one with the regular, after a few puffs on both coils I noticed a slight feeling of juice on my tongue, so I put my vape through a white cloth and took a few hits, upon which noticing small spots of e juice on the cloth, meaning that small amounts of juice was sputtering our whole I vape, it’s not so much that I would call it spit back, but enough that it’s slightly noticeable in my mouth, is this normal and if not what are the solutions, thanks guys

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
The Nord is designed for 70/30 VG/PG. Most commercial juice is usually 65/35, which works, but is a little to thin, and can do what you've experienced. Also, once it gets hot enough, the juice can thin out enough that this can become an issue.
I have gotten a few bad coils that would do this, mostly 0.8 ohm MTL coil heads, but a couple of the 0.6 ohm DTL also.

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
It Is normal.. if you over did it prepping the coils. Maybe just a touch too much eliquid to start, but it should stop rather quickly.
If I also let mine lay down too long, it tends to saturate the coil again, but is gone after a couple of drags.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys, so I recently purchased my first e cig, it’s a smok nord. I filled up 2 pods, one with the mesh coil and one with the regular, after a few puffs on both coils I noticed a slight feeling of juice on my tongue, so I put my vape through a white cloth and took a few hits, upon which noticing small spots of e juice on the cloth, meaning that small amounts of juice was sputtering our whole I vape, it’s not so much that I would call it spit back, but enough that it’s slightly noticeable in my mouth, is this normal and if not what are the solutions, thanks guys
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could stem from many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

• Informative

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

Like others have said, increase the VG, and it could also be because of heat. I do want to talk more about the heat issue though.

Don't keep your mod in your car, or any place it can get hot. The juice can heat up while it's in your car as well. I always carry mine in with me in a restaurant just for that reason.. I just don't vape in the restaurant. keeping it in your pocket is fine, unless you're staying outside quite a bit, (hours) then I prefer to keep it in a separate bag/holder. too much jostling can also cause it to leak some.

And hi, welcome to the forums.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Strictly speaking no, it’s not normal. You’re vaping a product from a company with literally THE worst reputation in the industry though so for a SMOK device it just might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread