Is it normal for my vape pen to get hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElOgre

Mar 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a smok Stick Prince and have noticed that it gets hot and I don't know if it is normal. I vape for about 5 minutes and the body below the tank gets hot. Currently the airflow valve is 7mms wide on both sides. I don't remember this happening when I first got it 3 weeks ago, but the weather was a lot colder then so I don't know if this is normal or not. I emailed Smok but got no response. It doesn't get terribly hot to where you can't touch it but it does get really warm and kinda hot even after 5 minutes of vaping.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
I’m definitely no vape expert, but if my mod was getting hot I would stop using it. Tanks are known to get hot when chain vaping near the atomizer, but my mod never has. Are the batteries removalable from this mod?

I will also warn you, smok has a bad reputation for producing cheap mods that die before their time . I never bought a smok product so I cannot speak from experience.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
The coil in your tank creates heat and heat transfers through metal, so if you're hitting it regularly it will eventually get warm. It should never be too hot to touch, though. If it's getting hot after only a few vapes, there might be a problem. If it warms up after five minutes of constant use, that's pretty normal. Just set it down and give it a rest when it gets warm. I have several mods in my rotation, so when one gets warm I just pick up another.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi and welcome. From your description it sounds like this is heat transfer from your tank. As has been said a battery should not be getting hot though. I believe your mod has an internal battery so it's possible that there is a fault with it. Smok are known for bad quality control.

Is your existing tank just under the glass part getting very hot? You can probably tell if it's heat transfer by switching your existing tank for a tank that you know doesn't get hot and see if the same happens.

Let us know :)

ElOgre

Mar 18, 2019
It turns out I was just vaping to quickly. I was chain vaping and that was what causing it to get hot. I asked the owner of a vape shop and he told me that chain vaping will cause the vape pen to get hot. Also, one more question. Last night I was vaping and enjoying it just great, but when I took my first hit today it really burned my throat and is irritating my throat. I don't know why. Last night I charged my vape pen and the tank is less than half full and it just started being irritating out of no where. I was eating chips with hot sauce, so I don't know if thats the problem. Thank you all for your help!!!

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
The coil is not more than 2.5 weeks old. And a while ago I refilled the tank and it tasted just fine. 10 minutes later I had the same problem. Guess I'll replace the coil.
A coil's lifespan is measured by consumption in ml not by days.Because everybody vapes differently.
In general most coils last for 20-50 ml depending on e-liquid's ingredients(too much flavor-sweetener etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread