Is it normal that my 70VG/30PG 12mg/ml and base 70VG/30PG 0mg/ml smells like chemistry/plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazy1504

Apr 27, 2018
Estonia
Have both on white plastic bottles,i keep 70VG/30PG 12mg/ml on refrigerator and base 70VG/30PG on my room. I think it makes my diy e-liquid also not taste right,not sure about that yet,but it seems that way,it can be also because i am not let it steep enough. Does anyone know Black art 70VG/30PG 12mg/ml 1l bottle ?
Searched on google and did not find of that company at all. Should i be worried and not use them or its just smell because of plastic bottles and its ok to use them.
Thank you.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hmmm... a booster should in theory be nothing but fairly high molarity unflavored nic base, which, if it hasn’t decomposed, should be clear and have no odor. Nicotine decomposes in the presence of heat or light. This is why a lot of DIYers keep their nic in the freezer. If the nic shots are old and kept in a warm place they could be of degraded quality. Also there is the chance that the nic shot maker put other things in the nic shot too. Either way it doesn’t sound good.

• Agree
Reactions: eazy1504

eazy1504

Apr 27, 2018
Estonia
Hmmm... a booster should in theory be nothing but fairly high molarity unflavored nic base, which, if it hasn’t decomposed, should be clear and have no odor. Nicotine decomposes in the presence of heat or light. This is why a lot of DIYers keep their nic in the freezer. If the nic shots are old and kept in a warm place they could be of degraded quality. Also there is the chance that the nic shot maker put other things in the nic shot too. Either way it doesn’t sound good.
This smell was from beginning,because of that i decided to ask from here.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@eazy1504, your 70/30 base can safely be vaped by itself (adding nothing to it). To test the base, and see if it is affecting your recipes, do the following:
-- Start with a clean atomizer. Thoroughly rinse off all washable parts. Replace, or rebuild coil and wicking.
-- Partially fill tank, or saturate wick (if using a dripper/RDA), with ONLY the PG/VG base. DO NOT use any flavor concentrates or nicotine.
-- Vape at your usual settings.
-- If you detect off-notes, or bad tastes, it is the base you are using.
-- If you do NOT detect any bad flavors; move to the next test.

DO NOT test your nicotine the same way! To safely test your nicotine; it MUST FIRST be diluted.

To test the nicotine flavor quality:
-- Use ONLY clean, tasteless, PG/VG base (plain PG, and/or VG will also work. They both can be tested, individually, as described above). To rule out any off-flavors coming from the base; it MUST be tested PRIOR to testing the nicotine.
-- Start with a clean atomizer. Thoroughly rinse off all washable parts. Replace, or rebuild coil and wicking. Note: if you have previously cleaned the atomizer to test your base, and the test had no bad flavor; you can skip this test, and reuse the same atomizer.
-- Dilute nicotine, with a known clean/tasteless base, at your preferred dilution. Be 100% sure of your measurements, and dilution percentage. Incorrect, or sloppy measurements, will only result in worthless results.
-- Partially fill tank, or saturate wick (if using a dripper/RDA), with ONLY the diluted nic base. DO NOT use any flavor concentrates.
-- Vape at your usual settings.
-- If you detect off-notes, or bad tastes, it is the nicotine you are using.
-- If you do NOT detect any bad flavors; it is the flavor concentrates that are causing problems. You are likely using too much. Or, it is just not a good flavor for you personally... try other brands.

• Informative
Reactions: eazy1504
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread