Is it ok to charge ego t on computer? I tried it charged fast..Normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Oh you can do it, but I wouldn't risk it myself using the computer to charge your Batts, buy the wall wart AC charger and use this instead or the Ego plug in charger. There's no reason to risk blowing out your mother board on your PC if something should happen to short,,, It's happen more then once to people too, use the AC if your smart.

Last edited:

MichaelB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The usb port is on the side of my laptop..i also ordered an ego passthrough batt i think those are made just for charging on computers???

The passthrough battery allows you to vape while charging the battery or what most people do is just use the passthrough to vape while at their computers and use PV's when away from the computer.

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
I got everyone here at work started on ego passthrus and at that time told all of them it was perfectly safe since that was what the web site said.Since reading thru the forums and about a few cases where this has proven to be a mistake,I told them all NOT to use these on thier computers.The risk of blowing out a port or worse,whether great or minimal,just isnt worth it.The usb wall adapters are just too cheap not to use them instead.This is just my opinion based on my reading,not fact.
Bucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread