Is it possible to 'color' my unflavored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
tanks that glow?

Just...why?

DIY:
3578200-2.jpg

cheers
I

Reactions: Letitia

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Adding a LV LED is one way, if you don't mind the added attention, and battery drain (though I expect that is minimal). And it is probably the safest, as well as having little to no impact on flavor.

Low tech would be food coloring; but that is generally considered "not desirable" within the vaping community. Food coloring was once prolific (and still is with certain vendors) in flavor concentrates. But, as vaping is generally focused on harm reduction, and so little is known about inhalation safety of most "food safe" chemicals; the vaping industry is shying away from them. It can contribute, to some(?) extent, more of a chemical(ly) taste to your mix (ever taste a drop of raw food coloring on your finger tip?). Then there is the issue of coil clogging; do food-safe dyes accelerate coil crud?

Personally, if it was me, I would just keep a small pen light, or key chain light, on my person; and use that when I wanted to check my juice level. It is much more stealthy, only comes on when I need it, it's cheap, and will last a long time. And, going even more low tech; maybe a small vertical strip of opaque tape (like masking, or white medical adhesive tape) will help to provide a reflective background needed to see the fluid level.

I guess, the other alternative would be, to intentionally oxidize your nicotine (it darkens as it reacts to available oxygen); and hope the amber color is sufficient to see it in your low light setting(s). Some folks actually like the added throat hit, and mild tobacco flavors that come out in the process.These people, will age their nicotine just like a wine, to intentionally bring out those characteristics. They may use any combination of heat, light, and agitation/aeration to encourage this. It does affect taste, but in their case, that is the primary (sole?) purpose.
I hope you find what works best for you.:toast:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread