Is it possible to disable "Smart Wattage" feature with Omni chipset ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I have sat through several videos of vaporesso mods which have the Omni chipset, yet I saw no mention of being able to deactivate the "Smart Wattage" function.

Is it possible to do within the settings on the newer firmware ?

It`s a pet hate of mine to be asked about New/Same coil each time I remove an atomiser
and when changing a battery.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
It was the feature that automatically changes and resets the wattage without the user`s consent that I was thinking about :)

My curiosity got the better of me, so I have ordered an Omni powered device to see for myself.

I will obviously report back with information on how poor the chipset actually is to maybe save anyone else making the same mistake.

Reactions: Izan

kleiven

Unresolved Status
Mar 2, 2017
It was the feature that automatically changes and resets the wattage without the user`s consent that I was thinking about :)

My curiosity got the better of me, so I have ordered an Omni powered device to see for myself.

I will obviously report back with information on how poor the chipset actually is to maybe save anyone else making the same mistake.

I see, Fad can you leave your email to me and I will try to find the expert of Vaporesso to reply your questions.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I have noticed a few areas where this chipset could be improved with extra options in the Vaporess software.

More options could include:

1a. Allow the user to disable "Smart VW" - an extra setting could be "Normal VW"
1b. An option to remember the last used wattage setting - when removing the atomiser OR replacing the battery.

2. Allow the user to change the time the display remains on (eg: 5-10-15-20 seconds)

3. Allow the user to change the increments when changing wattage (0.1 - 0.5 - 1 watt increments)

4. Allow the user to change the "Over 10 seconds" cutoff timer (eg: 5 - 20 seconds)

Are there any Vaporesso staff or representatives on this subforum ?

Last edited:

Mike Gee

Apr 25, 2017
Colorado
I have sat through several videos of Vaporesso mods which have the Omni chipset, yet I saw no mention of being able to deactivate the "Smart Wattage" function.

Is it possible to do within the settings on the newer firmware ?

It`s a pet hate of mine to be asked about New/Same coil each time I remove an atomiser
and when changing a battery.
I noticed if I have the resistance locked in for TC or am in CCW mode it does not display "New Load/Old Load" if I do a atomizer change...This is true even when in VW mode and resistance is locked for TC. This is on a 1.3 firmware on a Tarot Nano and Attitude.

Reactions: Fad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread