The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is it possible to disable "Smart Wattage" feature with Omni chipset ?

Discussion in 'Vaporesso' started by Fad, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fad

Fad Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    I have sat through several videos of Vaporesso mods which have the Omni chipset, yet I saw no mention of being able to deactivate the "Smart Wattage" function.

Is it possible to do within the settings on the newer firmware ?

It`s a pet hate of mine to be asked about New/Same coil each time I remove an atomiser
    and when changing a battery.

2. kleiven

kleiven Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    As far as I known that go to three quick clicks on "Modus Knob" button, then you can change the VW mode to CCW which is like customization for each half seconds of Watt, I guess VW mode is the Smart Wattage you mentioned above?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    It was the feature that automatically changes and resets the wattage without the user`s consent that I was thinking about :)

My curiosity got the better of me, so I have ordered an Omni powered device to see for myself.

I will obviously report back with information on how poor the chipset actually is to maybe save anyone else making the same mistake.

4. kleiven

kleiven Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I see, Fad can you leave your email to me and I will try to find the expert of Vaporesso to reply your questions.

5. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Thankyou for your offer of assistance - but as the device will be with me today/tomorrow, I will be able to test the unit directly.

6. kleiven

kleiven Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Thats' great! go to test firstly. If the question still there let me know if you need help. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    I have noticed a few areas where this chipset could be improved with extra options in the Vaporess software.

More options could include:

1a. Allow the user to disable "Smart VW" - an extra setting could be "Normal VW"
    1b. An option to remember the last used wattage setting - when removing the atomiser OR replacing the battery.

2. Allow the user to change the time the display remains on (eg: 5-10-15-20 seconds)

3. Allow the user to change the increments when changing wattage (0.1 - 0.5 - 1 watt increments)

4. Allow the user to change the "Over 10 seconds" cutoff timer (eg: 5 - 20 seconds)

Are there any Vaporesso staff or representatives on this subforum ?

8. Mike Gee

Mike Gee Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Colorado
    I noticed if I have the resistance locked in for TC or am in CCW mode it does not display "New Load/Old Load" if I do a atomizer change...This is true even when in VW mode and resistance is locked for TC. This is on a 1.3 firmware on a Tarot Nano and Attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fad

Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Thanks Mike, I`ve got a Nebula so will dig it out of the junk box and give that a try later today.

(edit: unfortunately doesn`t work on a nebula with FW: v1.6)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Have a similar issue with my Smok R-Steam Mini 80w. Auto detects the coil in TC and dictates the wattage applied. Haven't trashed it tho. It makes a decent battery charger.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.