Is it possible to rebuild coils yourself? [Joyetech Penguin]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacki

Mar 19, 2018
Hi there. I've had the 1st gen penguin for a long while, and i've been wondering something:D

Is it possible to rebuild the coils for the penguin?

- I used to have one of those cheap non-branded sub ohm e-cigarettes, which i built coils for myself, even tho that you aren't supposed to. - And i mean, if i could do that, why wouldn't i be able to build coils for the penguin?

I've seen a youtube video, where he shows how to disassemble a penguin coil, but he never shows how to rebuild it, even though i've heard of people doing it :thumbs:

Anyone who's got experience with rebuilding coils for the penguin, or heard of anyone doing it? - Here in Denmark 5 0.25 ohm coils, go for around $ 21, and i tend to use them pretty quick, so it would really be nice to fix them up cheap, at home! :thumb:

Thanks in advance!

Biggyclouds

Mar 28, 2018
Mate I would not recommend doing it if you can actually finesse into the pod. I tried it and had a coil that worked well but It shorted out due to its very small gauge which resulted in my pod getting extremely hot and melting. Long story short, If you are very confident in your abilities go for it; else it will not be worth your while.

Cacki

Mar 19, 2018
I've actually got myself a RDTA Box mod (ijoy 225w) + multiple other vapes - And i love building coils, and doing stuff myself, but when travelling i like to use my penguin instead of a dripper, i really love my penguin... The only big minus is the expensive coils, which i were hoping i could build myself, but seems like people don't really recommend it :/

Anyway, thanks a lot! :)

Reactions: madstabber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread