Is it risky to vape after covid-19 infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I was actually trying to vape while having covid over a year ago. My lungs would slam shut faster than a country screen door. I had to take to the french roll instead. When I recovered, I was back at it.

I think if it was a problem, the anti crowd would be all over it.

Just to add, I had a CT done in March and it was all clear.

Last edited:

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    I was actually trying to vape while having covid over a year ago. My lungs would slam shut faster than a country screen door. I had to take to the french roll instead. When I recovered, I was back at it.

I think if it was a problem, the anti crowd would be all over it.

Just to add, I had a CT done in March and it was all clear.
    Jeez sma....Hope you are all good now.

Hi, I've recovered from covid-19 for one month and I'm vaping now. Is it safe or risky to vape?

I had COVID about a year ago but a very mild case due to taking HCQ/Azythro/Zinc very early on. I never really had it get into my lungs since it got stopped early, but i pretty much vaped the whole time. But obviously if you're having breathing issues, do as little vaping as possible and even maybe switch to higher VG and less PG. Easier on the lungs that way.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hi, I've recovered from covid-19 for one month and I'm vaping now. Is it safe or risky to vape?
    Did you vape before? Did you smoke before? I would just try it and see how it goes.
    To others that responded... what difference does it make to clean/sterilize the gear? Already had it, already has anti-bodies. Wouldn't the same advice apply to everything in the home (including every food item in the fridge)?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Did you vape before? Did you smoke before? I would just try it and see how it goes.
    To others that responded... what difference does it make to clean/sterilize the gear? Already had it, already has anti-bodies. Wouldn't the same advice apply to everything in the home (including every food item in the fridge)?

Some suggest you might not have antibodies depending upon the severity and duration of symptoms. Serology after 3 weeks I'm informed should tell you if you've gained antibody immunity. Research, to those inclined.

Or you just might have had influenza A/B. Who knows?

Good luck. :)

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I have my own protocol…I vape like mad.

Good luck all, be safe, be happy. :D

"Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died."

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    Propylene glycol, one of the main components of ejuice is pumped through the ventilation systems of some hospitals.

This is done because it's antibacterial, germicidal and antiviral properties are well documented and researched.

One could easily argue that vaping may convey a small amount of protection against the virus although this has not been researched or documented at this time.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread