Is it safe to charge the MVP2 with a phone charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW120ED

Oct 3, 2013
UK
Can't find an answer to this, all searches just mention that you can charge phones with the device but not whether you can charge the MPV itself with a Micro USB wall charger.

I have a Blackberry micro USB charger (cable with fixed wall plug) spec:
Input 100-240V 150mA 50-60Hz 10-20VA
Output 5V 700mA

Would prefer to use the above rather than the supplied MVP micro usb cable to my laptop, less cables and likely to charge quicker from the wall socket.
Just don't want to damage the MVP or worse.

Thanks and what a great vape the MVP is:)

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
I have the same sort of question, but I'd like to frame it more broadly:

How do I know if it's ok to use any given charger on any given device?
I have no idea how to interpret the numbers printed on a plug-in charger, on a charging cable (e.g. those five dollar USB-to-510 plugs with an inch of cable in-between), and on the battery itself -- and more importantly, the relationship of those numbers between the charger, cable, and battery.

How does one know what is/isn't efficient, safe, and without potential for hosing the equipment? I have a box-full of chargers, acquired at different times for different equipment which I can plug a USB cable into, but most have different specs printed on them. Generally I try to use the same chargers that came with the device, but over time that gets difficult to keep track of.

Last edited:

SW120ED

Oct 3, 2013
UK
I would also like to know I charge my itastev3
With my I phone charger outputs 5v 1000ma ??
In answer to your question I zoomed in on a
Photo of a innokin charger the output was the
Same as yours 750ma

Thanks, if the Innokin charger shows similar output numbers to my blackberry charger that's good enough for me.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I have the same sort of question, but I'd like to frame it more broadly:

How do I know if it's ok to use any given charger on any given device?
I have no idea how to interpret the numbers printed on a plug-in charger, on a charging cable (e.g. those five dollar USB-to-510 plugs with an inch of cable in-between), and on the battery itself -- and more importantly, the relationship of those numbers between the charger, cable, and battery.

How does one know what is/isn't efficient, safe, and without potential for hosing the equipment? I have a box-full of chargers, acquired at different times for different equipment which I can plug a USB cable into, but most have different specs printed on them. Generally I try to use the same chargers that came with the device, but over time that gets difficult to keep track of.

As far as protecting the PV itself, there should be no issue with any USB charger. The PV should have been built to deal with the 5V supplied over USB.

As far as actually "working", some USB orifices can supply more power than others. So your device might either charge more slowly, or not charge at all if the orifice is underpowered. ("Smart" USB ports, like the ones on your laptop, will cut off the power if the load is too high. Most of the wall warts will just do their best....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread