Is it safe to use e-liquids for other purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotteson7thcloud

Oct 20, 2019
Hi all,

I've only started vaping recently and have started to do DIYs for my e-liquid as well. I was wondering that because i really like the smell of the e-liquids, would it be ok if it was used for other purposes such as a car freshener?
As im assuming the liquid will evaporate over time when i use the AC of the car and wondered if it was safe to inhale it.

I either plan to buy an empty air freshener then put e-liquid there and stick that on the air vents of the car or use will a small ziplock bag with small holes and cotton to absorb the liquid and hopefully release the eliquid over time when i turn on the AC.

*side note, i wont be using any liquid with nicotine if that helps.

Many Thanks

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi all,

I've only started vaping recently and have started to do DIYs for my e-liquid as well. I was wondering that because i really like the smell of the e-liquids, would it be ok if it was used for other purposes such as a car freshener?
    As im assuming the liquid will evaporate over time when i use the AC of the car and wondered if it was safe to inhale it.

I either plan to buy an empty air freshener then put e-liquid there and stick that on the air vents of the car or use will a small ziplock bag with small holes and cotton to absorb the liquid and hopefully release the eliquid over time when i turn on the AC.

*side note, i wont be using any liquid with nicotine if that helps.

Many Thanks
    Can’t imagine why not, might become sticky after a while :unsure:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Interesting approach to air fresheners, but if it works for you then I say run with it! Only issue I can see is if you have pet(s). It is said cats are particularly sensitive to PG which could make them sick. And you do not want a sick cat cause you know he/she will just barf up in one of your shoes.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Did you mean that overtime the evaporated eliquid will build up somewhere and made the surface sticky? or just if i accidentally spill it somewhere? If it's the latter then that's a risk i'm willing to take lol.
    Yes over time as it dries up. Punk In Drublic has a good point too about pets.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Over a long period of time a haze will form from exhaling vapor in your vehicle. Windex takes it off quickly. I leave my driver side window cracked and the HVAC fan running and that helps exhaust the vapor and slow down window fog.

You won't get a vapor accumulation on the windows using it as a deodorizer on a cloth since it's in liquid form and not vaporized.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Personally I think you might be better served using oils for air freshers. Put some on a cotton ball or pad and should last weeks. Just add a drop or two to the pad now and then. I do use my flavors in water regularly and love FA lemon sicily added to yogurt. I don't use it in my mixes due to fade but doesn't seem to fade in food/beverage products. Have tried a few in coffee as well.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I think @Letitia was right
    Oil would probably work best. Also maybe make it stronger than you normally would.
    As for me, I use these.:)
    20191119_084102.jpg

• Winner
    Reactions: Letitia

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I often raid the DIY cupboard when i'm cooking.... Who knew adding a few drops of Capella strawberry to custard would make it taste like apple pie ?! Adding Capella vanilla custard to cakes gives them a fudge(y) hint.
    Probably wouldn't bother with air fresheners though, can't see the aroma lasting too long :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread