The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is it safe to use e-liquids for other purposes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Charlotteson7thcloud, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Charlotteson7thcloud

Charlotteson7thcloud Full Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Hi all,

I've only started vaping recently and have started to do DIYs for my e-liquid as well. I was wondering that because i really like the smell of the e-liquids, would it be ok if it was used for other purposes such as a car freshener?
    As im assuming the liquid will evaporate over time when i use the AC of the car and wondered if it was safe to inhale it.

I either plan to buy an empty air freshener then put e-liquid there and stick that on the air vents of the car or use will a small ziplock bag with small holes and cotton to absorb the liquid and hopefully release the eliquid over time when i turn on the AC.

*side note, i wont be using any liquid with nicotine if that helps.

Many Thanks

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Can’t imagine why not, might become sticky after a while :unsure:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I do it in my Jeep, however, I filter it through my ecig first.:unsure:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Charlotteson7thcloud

Charlotteson7thcloud Full Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Did you mean that overtime the evaporated eliquid will build up somewhere and made the surface sticky? or just if i accidentally spill it somewhere? If it's the latter then that's a risk i'm willing to take lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Interesting approach to air fresheners, but if it works for you then I say run with it! Only issue I can see is if you have pet(s). It is said cats are particularly sensitive to PG which could make them sick. And you do not want a sick cat cause you know he/she will just barf up in one of your shoes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Yes over time as it dries up. Punk In Drublic has a good point too about pets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Don’t believe dogs are as susceptible to PG as cats. But I wouldn’t know. Given the master of my house is a furry feline, I am forbidden to look up information on dogs. She checks my internet browsing history regularly.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    No nic, do what you want. .Wash the dog. Deodorize the fridge.

I will not be held responsible for any of these suggestions.

I do use some VG for shaving. Makes life easier.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Over a long period of time a haze will form from exhaling vapor in your vehicle. Windex takes it off quickly. I leave my driver side window cracked and the HVAC fan running and that helps exhaust the vapor and slow down window fog.

You won't get a vapor accumulation on the windows using it as a deodorizer on a cloth since it's in liquid form and not vaporized.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Personally I think you might be better served using oils for air freshers. Put some on a cotton ball or pad and should last weeks. Just add a drop or two to the pad now and then. I do use my flavors in water regularly and love FA lemon sicily added to yogurt. I don't use it in my mixes due to fade but doesn't seem to fade in food/beverage products. Have tried a few in coffee as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I think @Letitia was right
    Oil would probably work best. Also maybe make it stronger than you normally would.
    As for me, I use these.:) 20191119_084102.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    VG can also be added to shampoo or conditioner for your hair. Doesn't take much but your hair feels thicker, softer and has more shine....

:)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. ppeeble

ppeeble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I often raid the DIY cupboard when i'm cooking.... Who knew adding a few drops of Capella strawberry to custard would make it taste like apple pie ?! Adding Capella vanilla custard to cakes gives them a fudge(y) hint.
    Probably wouldn't bother with air fresheners though, can't see the aroma lasting too long :|

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.