The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is It Safe To Vape CBD And Drive?

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by Roy Raymond, Dec 4, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Roy Raymond

Roy Raymond Full Member

Sep 9, 2016
    This article got me thinking Is It Safe To Vape CBD And Drive? Know The Limits mainly because I vape cbd and drive all the time! Do any of you guys do the same? Have you run into any problems? I would love to hear individuals stories to put me at ease or to maybe not do it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    My initial reaction is: if ya gotta ask you probably shouldn't.
    Being is I don't use the stuff it's an uneducated response though.

Perhaps it's like drinking herbal tea or taking a melotonin pill and driving? Tolerance would play a big role. Me personally, I wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    It’s not psychoactive and could make you more relaxed and alert, but it may make you too relaxed. Just my :2c:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I use CBD, full spectrum, sublingually. About 25mg in the morning, 25mg at night hasn't affected me in any way when I'm driving. Maybe a little less agitated with my fellow drivers!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Uncle Willie

Uncle Willie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It may make you drive a bit slower as well as suddenly pulling into that Taco Bell on the right .. o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If I Did use it and got into an accident, even if I didn't have the Law after me for it, I reckon I'd feel pretty awful about it. Especially if someone got hurt.

7. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to General Cannabis Discussion from General Vaping Discussion

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2019
    CBD is to THC as Sharps or Odoules, (I know I butchered those names, I don't drink) is to actual bear. CBD is no more relaxing than chamomile tea, or the smell of lavender.
    Full spectrum, esp. that with terpenes, such as the chemical compounds responsible for the smell of lavender (which is in most blue strains, btw) would have various effects based on what's known as the profile. Linalool, lavender terp, is relaxing, as is mycerine. Other terps are stimulating, such as linoline.
    I seriously doubt full spectrum CBD would have any effects to be worried about while operating heavy machinery. Of course, I'm not a doctor, nor play one on TV. The prudent advise, is, before operating any heavy machinery, learn how YOU are affected, by anything that you may have a concern about. Be it cold medicine, antihistamines, that sleepy time tea that has valarian root you got at a health good store, or anything else that may be, relaxing... Couch lock, munchies, or other such issues? I doubt CBD is capable of such ...... madness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I've been vaping CBD flower lately and haven't noticed any sort of impairment or heavy sedation. But it depends on one's body chemistry, dose, etc - so, YMMV.

Must say that I've been floored by how wonderful hemp flower is. The effects are definitely noticeable to me - relaxed, less anxious. Subtle and enjoyable. The taste and smell of the vapor is amazing. It's been helping me to focus and feel less stressed out. I've been vaping .1g every morning, and another .2ish throughout the day. If my math is right, I've been getting about 30-40mg of CBD per day. FWIW

• Like Like x 2
  10. Budgie45

Budgie45 Full Member

Feb 12, 2020
    I think there going to make it the same as a DUI if your caught smoking or vaping
    Weed while driving I was reading somewhere

11. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    This.

Personally I find that a significant oral dose of full spectrum oil does make me feel very relaxed potentially to the point where I would not drive. But the CBD isolate that I vape on a regular basis does not.
    If in doubt, then don't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I am not a major CBD "conneseur." But I really think you'd have to be vaping a very high dose to have to worry,

Also they look for THC not CBD when they pull you over... At least as of NOW they do.

If you have been driving on it a long time without issues, I can't imagine you would suddenly have them thanks to some article.

When in doubt, just use your common sense.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2