Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yes because the government all makes sense like that. All the time. Etc.

Look I'm going to make a general prescription here: GO READ SOME KAFKA, then read the book by that CENSORED "rules for radicals" then "The art of war," topped off with a little Machiavelli also then maybe watch some WWII footage and how it all unfolded.

Then, government MAY make a type of TRAGIC yet REALISTIC sense.. Etc.

Anna
Maybe throw in a little Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged in particular) to round the picture.

• Agree
Reactions: JC Okie

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm sorry, I am habitually conditioned to do this every time Ayn Rand is mentioned. To those of you to whom she happened along during a "life changing period" I'm gonna apologize upfront.:lol::lol::lol:

So yes, a rather bad romance writer who tossed in her undergrad philosophy thesis every now and again for fifty interminable pages along with a TON of weirdness about trains, well SURE, she might round out the mix nicely. We won't LEARN anything other than her editorial team was sparse, but yeah, some general hilarity in between the horrifying reality of the universe could have usefulness. LOL.

And I read her stuff at 17 (more than Atlas Shrugged) and after my Master's degree for fairness, and I do think my philosophy department was correct in "banning" (well more like laughing her out of) the cannon although we DID have our own generational sins, like LACAN.

Ayn Rand should have been allowed to live her life in peace (in fact, I think she even DESERVED the government assistance she so happily availed herself of, when necessary even though it was against her FERVENT BELIEF structure) but Lacan should have been burned at the stake while his child was taken into a safe home where the surrounding adults could actually use small enough words to communicate with it. There's a reason the kid was so obsessed with the dang mirror, he could INTERACT with it.

Anna

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So yes, a rather bad romance writer who tossed in her undergrad philosophy thesis every now and again for fifty interminable pages along with a TON of weirdness about trains, well SURE, she might round out the mix nicely. We won't LEARN anything other than her editorial team was sparse, but yeah, some general hilarity in between the horrifying reality of the universe could have usefulness. LOL.

:lol:

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread