The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is it worth upgrading from a Protank 4 in 2020?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by The Hard Vapist, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Hard Vapist

The Hard Vapist Full Member

May 27, 2020
    Hi!

I have been vaping for close to 7 years now, went through a mad buying spree for the first 3 or 4 years till I found the PT4 and haven't bought a new tank since then.

The PT4 was the first tank that had nothing wrong with it. It is however 2020and I'm wondering if there's anything around now that is worth upgrading to?

I am a DL vaper, I use .5Ohm ss coils on the PT. I vape either menthol or unflavoured 70 30 pg dominant juice at 20 watts.

The features I love of the PT4 are it's its simplicity, functionality, ease of use, easy to fill, large 4ml capacity, readily available, long lasting coils, so I would want a new tank to have most of those features.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I’d recommend the Voopoo Uforce T2 with the Freemax TNX2 0.5 ohm coil. The Freemax Fireluke 2 tank that uses these coil is a fine tank in its own right but I find the Voopoo tank has a slightly larger fill port which fits the tip from my dropper bottles making filling a bit easier. Anyway the real star is the coils, they last long and produce excellent flavor. Having said all that I haven’t used a Kanger tank since the original Protank but these new mesh coils are far superior to standard coils as they have fast ramp up and more surface area producing more tasty vapor.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aliraonz

Aliraonz Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Sorry to jump in but @madstabber do you mean the voopo Uforce T2 can take freemax TNX coils? Just wondering, sometimes the compatibility charts aren't quite up to date. o_O

4. madstabber

Yes the coils for the Fireluke 2 and Fireluke mesh can be used in the Voopoo Uforce T2 and vice versa. Both solid tanks with the Uforce getting the edge due to the larger fill port making filling a bit easier.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Aliraonz

Aliraonz Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the info @madstabber. That give me two options for a tank :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. madstabber

You’re welcome, also I’d just add the Uforce coils don’t have the best reputation from what I can gather. The Freemax are excellent though so no worries. The newer Freemax TX and the older Freemax M coils are both really good though and I can’t notice much difference between the two.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Henry Toy

Henry Toy Full Member

Jul 28, 2020
    United States
    Just got two PT4's for $9.99 each. Definitely an upgrade from the Subtank/Toptank's. Been using all the differently coils and they all work well in this tank. Don't care much for the included RBA, bit of a pain being such a small deck for dual coils. Tried the single coil RBA from the ST/TT it worked well for me. I learned to build with that one. This is a keeper, my ST/TT's are going into storage. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.