Is lack of flavor due to strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrenYngOne

Mar 4, 2009
S Florida
Hey all,
Im pretty new to this, just got my first E-cigg a few days ago, Question is regarding the carts, I ordered low nicotine cause Ive been smoking ultra lights for years, and want to switch over completely.

Does the flavor in the Cartridges or juice vary according to the nicotine strength? Those low nic carts are pretty bland! I want to order some more supply carts and topping juice but really need to know if I should go with the medium strength instead?? :confused:

I'd say medium too. I smoked ultra lights and bought medium liquid with my ecig thinking that it would give me a higher nicotine level and make the switch easier. I had light withdrawal symptoms for a couple days. Nothing major though. Kind of like having a mild cold or allergies. I should also say that I cut back on the caffeine at the same time. From 2 pots a day to 2 cups, so that could be what I was feeling.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Is lack of flavor due to strength?

i want this question answered too.
let me try and ask it differently.
let's say you use camel liquid.

will camel 36 mg high nicotine liquid taste exactly the same as 0 mg nicotine strength camel liquid?

or does the strength of the flavor decrease with the strength of the nicotine?

Candy--there is a lot of debate over nicotine and throat hit and flavor--IMO the nicotine does not change the flavor or the throat hit at all. If you ever try a Ryan Jazz zero nicotine, you will find that the throat hit will blow you away just as much as the nicotine ones. You can always bump flavor with more of a concentrate of some flavors for DIY users. Others, like vanilla just will not cut it--I am still working on the Vanilla issue though---Hope that helps--Sun

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
I think it depends on the liquid and most likely who makes it.

Some I have noticed no difference in hit and flavour between 24mg & 14mg .

Others seem to get weaker the lower you go .

I bought 18mg 14mg & 11mg of a liquid I liked and no difference in flavour.
I then bought it in zero expecting it to be the same, sadly it had No flavour what so ever and it was completely clear.
Was surprised it was clear as I assumed the flavour was what caused the colour & the higher strengths definately were coloured.
It also killed the hit in the 24mg I was blending it with.
Might as well have just used pg.

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
thank you Sun and Keef,

i understand the throat hit varying from different strengths.
taking the throat hit out of the equation is what i was looking for.
here's why i was asking:
if the flavor remains the same, just as strong, then cutting it will have the same effect, less flavor, no matter what strength (other than 0 like Keef said) equally.

but if 36 mg strength had twice the flavor as 18 mg, then i could cut it twice and double my savings. follow?

thanks again guys

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
thank you Sun and Keef,

i understand the throat hit varying from different strengths.
taking the throat hit out of the equation is what i was looking for.
here's why i was asking:
if the flavor remains the same, just as strong, then cutting it will have the same effect, less flavor, no matter what strength (other than 0 like Keef said) equally.

but if 36 mg strength had twice the flavor as 18 mg, then i could cut it twice and double my savings. follow?

thanks again guys

Now that's an interesting question. Anyone know if the manufacturers use a super-concentrated nicotine/flavour mix and dilute that with varying amounts of PG, or do they measure the nicotine and flavouring separately?

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
CandyGirl,
I haven't tried this yet, but I've got 30ml of 36mg apple flavored liquid that I'm going to dilute 3 ways to get 12mg liquid. I figured the flavor would drop to next to nothing, so I picked up some LorAnn apple flavoring from Hobby Lobby. I figure I can bring the flavor back up to an acceptable level.

thank you for the tip NewcastleB.
i can handle a slight drop in flavor, usually 50% is fine.
i'm definitely going to pick up some DIY flavorings to try and compensate.
just trying to keep my flavor as close to what i like without too much hassle or mistakes.

you guys are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread