Is My Atomizer dieing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Wonder

Mar 4, 2009
It sounds like your atomizer coil is covered in gunk. If I were you, I'd rinse it out with water to get the leftover juice out, then soak it in distilled water overnight, tap'll work if you don't have distilled. Then rinse it out as best you can. Blow on the ends of it to get as much remaining water out as you can. Then attach your battery and then, in front of a mirror, blow on the led end of your battery until you see the atomizer coil glowing orange and stop when the battery cuts off. This may take a couple of tries. I usually let my coil glow 3-4 times. Then prime it and try it again. If there's too much gunk on the coil pretty much nothing so far is going to save it but this method might give your atomizer some additional life. Good luck and always keep some spare atomizers around :)

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
Thank You Sun,

It seems to be slightly better now, but not great..I primed it several times and the first few puffs are great and than its back to low vapor again..

i just got this atomizer last week so it shouldn't have too much gunk..

I've had my supercig atomizer for 3 months and that one still works fine..

Thanks again

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Thank You Sun,

It seems to be slightly better now, but not great..I primed it several times and the first few puffs are great and than its back to low vapor again..

i just got this atomizer last week so it shouldn't have too much gunk..

I've had my supercig atomizer for 3 months and that one still works fine..

Thanks again

After I clean my atomizers out, I blow out as much water as possible and then I let them dry for a few hours. Then, I prime with eliquid and let it sit for a while. Vape for a few minutes then prime again, let it sit and pick it up and vape some more. As the water is evaporated out of the atomizer mesh, vapor production will improve. I find that cleaned atomizers vape the best the next morning. VG is slow to evaporate, so any remaining water will be gone while leaving the VG you primed the atomizer with.

If I rush the process, it still takes about an hour of solid vaping to flush out all the water and get the atomizer fully primed and back to normal.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Following some instructions I read on here somewhere...

I wash the atomizer with warm (not too hot) water and a little dish soap, rinse thoroughly, blow it out from both ends. Rinse and blow out again several times to make sure no soap is left. Then I use a hair dryer to dry it out. Let it stand overnight on a paper towel to be sure it's dry. One or two drops of juice on the wick, stick on the cart, and it's fresh as new.

opusMorian

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Just keep at it. Once in awhile flick the water out from the side where you insert the cart. Drip 2 drop of e-liquid, take about 5 hard puffs and repeat until you get the smoke back. If it heats up, its not dead, there is a cleaning instruction here using the usb pass through and hydrogen peroxide. Follow that if the above does not work. Tt should go back to normal after the cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread