The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

Is my Evic Vtc mini on it's last legs?

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Benji_Rock, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Benji_Rock

Benji_Rock Full Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Recently, I feel my device hasnt been performing properly on temp control. I'm using SS wire in one of those ego one clr rba's and i've always built the same way. But the last week or so it has taken me ages to get it to perform correctly. For example, I'm having constant problems with hot spots and hot legs on the coil, the coil not reading the resistance properly, and also a lot of the time I'll have the mod set at 500F and 60W and the device will only fire at maybe 5w resulting in no vapour. It takes me ages each time of messing around with various things to get it right. Like I said, i've not had these problems before, and I do everything the same. I've had the device since November last year and used it every day and I'm just wondering if a chip is beginning to go or something? I've kept the firmware up to date too.

2. CharTech

CharTech Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    Carolinas
    It could be your tank. Do you have another TC device to try that tank on or another tank to try on you VTC Mini?

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    You can get better feedback posting in a more appropriate forum.

4. FishingBuffalo

FishingBuffalo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2012
    Collinsville,TX
    Redo the build, maybe replace the CLR RBA itself. If no luck then most likely it is a connection of coil to centerpost or centerpost to mod. I have a CLR RBA and it sometimes acts funky in TC. I do Kanthal or SS in watts with it. I do TC builds on a Kayfun 4 clone. I have learned where trouble in TC lies. But overcame it. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.