Is my noob showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
LOL
So, I like my kgo battery that lasts all day. However, I'm finding I don't like having to refill my cartos, wondering if I put to much or not enough in. So I think I would like a clear one but is there one that lasts all day? Or is this where the tanks come in to play? Right now I'm thinking about the phoenix clearos, should I get a tank with those? I figure I don't vape more than 3mls a day.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I began with Boge cartos, next the larger Smok Tech XL cartos, next carto + tank and now using V2 SD Clearomizer. Happy BUT have to agree with the first 1 minute 35 seconds of the vid- quite funny yet true. Barely hook up to the latest version and a new one is released. This happens with ALL clearos regardless of the name.

Synnuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Orange Park, FL
I'm on the other side of the fence. When it comes to clearos like the Vivi Nova, I've had nothing but problems with the juice trying to "crawl up" the wick once they get below half full. I haven't tried the Vivi Nova, but tried plenty of clearos with that wick design and ended up with burnt tastes on every one of them. Either I vape too fast, the juices weren't thin enough (even 100% PG), or they were poorly designed from the beginning.

The Phoenix clearos offered a lot better usability for me, mainly because of the bottom feeding design, and only worrying about it wicking with really, really thick juices. I was leery about trying them, but happy that I bought the box I did. They give almost the same flavor as dripping on an atty, with plenty of vapor production and a good throat hit. I use the lower ohm bottom coil ones, in the 1.3ml size. I haven't tried the bigger 3ml tank size, but I'd imagine the construction is the same as the smaller Phoenix. They're the only clearo I'll be buying going forward.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'm on the other side of the fence. When it comes to clearos like the Vivi Nova, I've had nothing but problems with the juice trying to "crawl up" the wick once they get below half full. I haven't tried the Vivi Nova, but tried plenty of clearos with that wick design and ended up with burnt tastes on every one of them. Either I vape too fast, the juices weren't thin enough (even 100% PG), or they were poorly designed from the beginning.

The Phoenix clearos offered a lot better usability for me, mainly because of the bottom feeding design, and only worrying about it wicking with really, really thick juices. I was leery about trying them, but happy that I bought the box I did. They give almost the same flavor as dripping on an atty, with plenty of vapor production and a good throat hit. I use the lower ohm bottom coil ones, in the 1.3ml size. I haven't tried the bigger 3ml tank size, but I'd imagine the construction is the same as the smaller Phoenix. They're the only clearo I'll be buying going forward.

Too bad. You're cheating yourself. The Vivi Nova doesn't act like any other clearo I've used, and I've used a LOT of them. I have both the long wicked V2.5 and the shorter wicked V2. The shorter wicked one seems to have better flavor, but I have yet to get a dry hit or burnt taste on either of them. BTW, I typically vape 70%VG. I like the Phoenix cartos, but size issues aside, they don't compare with the Vivi. They're good for smaller batches of juice, but I've begun a collection of Vivi Novas and, when I have 6 or 8 of them, I'll be using them exclusively. They can be recoiled and re-wicked in 5 minutes for pennies so I won't be buying any clearos or attys or cartos going forward. I'll be buying $10 worth of wick and wire every year or two.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
They actually work - which is amazing to me considering all the crap I've bought that turned out to be a waste of money...

You have filled my soul with hope (there's a (inappropriate) joke that goes with that) that, finally, something will NOT be a waste.

Like the song goes, mine has been, "six days on the road" so far! Hopefully I will have it soon!

Enjoy!

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
The various forms of Stardusts (or CE4s, or whatever you want to call them) nearly sent me back to smoking. I've tried 6-8 of them in different versions from different vendors and none of them, repeat none of them, are consistent at all. You might get a good hit and then 10 minutes later a bad one and all of them seem to deposit juice on the battery connection...

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yeah, Vision hit a home run with the Vivi Nova. I had been using the Vision Stone 3 tanks and thought they were the epitome of a replaceable innard tank, which they were at the time. So I was perturbed that they were being discontinued (no more innards available) and replaced by the Vivi. I almost didn't get a Vivi, just out of principle. I'm glad I broke down though. The only thing I'm concerned about now is that I need to collect more heads before they do what they did to the first Stardusts and change the heads to make the hard/impossible to rebuild. If it wasn't for the fact that the silicon pieces might deteriorate over time, these heads could last indefinitely.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I've been using the V2 Stardust for 2 weeks and and very happy. 22 friends have been using the V2 SD for 3+ weeks and love it. The only problem that we've encountered is the flavor is muted so we're adding an extra 5% flavor and voila. Just now waiting for a decent price will negotiate and place a large order.

Jedipapa

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Florida
LOL
So, I like my kgo battery that lasts all day. However, I'm finding I don't like having to refill my cartos, wondering if I put to much or not enough in. So I think I would like a clear one but is there one that lasts all day? Or is this where the tanks come in to play? Right now I'm thinking about the phoenix clearos, should I get a tank with those? I figure I don't vape more than 3mls a day.

The Phoenix cartos are great. They are the size of a carto but hold 1.5 ml of juice. They don't leak either. I vape about 2-3 ml a day and 1 lasts me all day at work. They are very easy to fill, even easier than a traditional carto, plus you can see how much juice you have left

Bullbox

Moved On
Jun 20, 2012
St. Cloud, FL
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread