Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Does is matter what I have my watts set to when pulsing and dry hiring my coils to burn evenly?
It's good practice to set it somewhere well below what you would vape the device with. I'm pretty much always a 40 Watt/450 F vaper, and I pulse my builds around 30 Watts or a little less. Just enough to get a dull orange glow is good enough for me to get the crud off.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So a few hundredths of an Ohm is not worth me worrying about, and in my experience it's not worth dropping a wad of cash on a fancier device.

My question is why buy that box at all when obviously the Pico's are measuring more accurately? ESPECIALLY since the box probably costs the same as the Pico's anyway.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My question is why buy that box at all when obviously the Pico's are measuring more accurately? ESPECIALLY since the box probably costs the same as the Pico's anyway.
Picos are more than $5 and they weren't available 3 years ago....so, mystery solved.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have one of the tab 521. It reads fairly accurately compared to mods. But it is very picky about the battery being seated just right or it starts reading of.. I usually don't use it too often other than just as a build deck. I then move the coil to a Mod I keep just for the purpose of first read and burn in.

Reactions: stols001

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Coastal Cowboy has just given me a new respect for the potential of Artic Fox. I tried it on one device for ten minutes before removing it. Now I will have to reload it onto one and give it a closer look. That is DNA territory I wonder what else it can do? I didn't like the cluttered screen it was even hard to read so I just took it off without giving it a fair trial. Thanks for the preview.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Picos are more than $5 and they weren't available 3 years ago....so, mystery solved.
Yeah, the only mod thing I had that would read resistance was a Vamo, and I decided to get something a teeny bit more accurate.

zangetsu88inc

Mar 19, 2018
My coil master mini tab also fried :( don’t even know what happened here... the lights just go off in a clockwise fashion,

Attachments

• B57068BF-032B-47D3-BAC3-2CA10B7B44BC.jpeg
    B57068BF-032B-47D3-BAC3-2CA10B7B44BC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread