Is my SMOK V8 Stick bootleg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepherdsdriving

Dec 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Hello so about a year a ago I bought a SMOK V8 Stick from a popular vape shop. The vape worked out fine, the packaging looked ligit, and it ran fine. It was all fine until one day I broke the glass on the tank and went into a different shop to replace the glass. About 5 employees tryed to get the correct glass to fit the tank but nothing worked. I then brought in the broken glass the kit came with and it was substantially shorter and thinner then the one that comes with the normal V8 Stick. I’m asking more out of curiosity, since I took it back to the original shop and the owner felt bad and gave me his ligit working tank. Given what I told you do you think it’s a bootleg product or a factory defect. Love to hear your thoughts and thanks for reading!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Is it possible you have the Baby Beast tank with your kit, and the vape shop was trying to install replacement glass for the Big Baby Beast?

If the glass from the newer shop was longer (height) and wider around, then it's for the larger tank. If I recall, the baby beast is a 22mm tank, the Big baby beast is a 24mm or 24.5mm tank. So this might explain the issue.

If so, the vape shop you went to for the glass should have known better.

I think SMOK sold kits with both tanks, and a slightly larger capacity battery for the 24mm tank. I never got into the SMOK sticks, so not sure.

If I were going to bootleg a product, I wouldn't waste my time on a SMOK stick, but they would be pretty easy to copy. Heck, a counterfeit one might be better quality than the SMOK one. :D

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Even amog the Big Baby Beasts, there's differences between the normal ones, the carbon fibre version (shorter glass), and the Light Edition models (different seals).
Just measure yours (the broken one that fitted well), and look on fasttech for the right replacement glass (measurements are usually listed below the item).

• Informative

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
There's definitely something wrong with their naming. I had the SMOK PRIV V8 for sometime, and bought an RBA so re-use the tank. It came with a glass longer than normal. It was said in store reviews it was for other SMOK tanks that use the same coil heads etc... Some gave the store 1 star for selling wrong product and some commenters say there's nothing wrong and it was user error. But anyways, the extra glass included fits perfectly on my old tank. Also, sometimes they change the tank included depending on region and availability.

Totally agree with @score69
If I will even try to rip off a product, SMOK is the last thing I will think of. The hatred, and my personal experience using one of their product, I will never recommend them. I'd rather start my own brand than rip off bad products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread