Is my vape going to blow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
I'm new to vaping..Recently I bought svoemesto atomiser feom my friend (his father used it).When I connect it to my Kangertech subox connector,the ohm reading was 9.99.I went on to internet and get to knoq that there is no connection.So I dissamble everything and clean (it was superb dirty).After I connect it to my box mod again,the ohm reading was 0.00.So I touch the ends with test pen and the ohm increased.Then I took coil from another and fix to it.The ohm was 0.5..I'm pretty scared about it.I felt like something burning but I don't know its my imagination or something.I didn't add fluid..I just fired it up with coil only

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
No. It has built in safety features so it won't fire if your build shorts out.
So I can use it without any doubts rights?I'm a little bit scared beacuse of those explosion incidents..Well,what about the ohm change?Is it natural?First before I repair it,I double checked with my friend and his box showed 'no atomiser'and after I repair it it shows 0.00in my box (before repair was 9.99)Once I tried with a coil I've been using in another tank it showed 0.5ohm..Did I fixed the problem?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So I can use it without any doubts rights?I'm a little bit scared beacuse of those explosion incidents..Well,what about the ohm change?Is it natural?First before I repair it,I double checked with my friend and his box showed 'no atomiser'and after I repair it it shows 0.00in my box (before repair was 9.99)Once I tried with a coil I've been using in another tank it showed 0.5ohm..Did I fixed the problem?

It sounds like the first coil wasn't making a proper connection and the new coil (the one reading .5 ohm) is making a fine connection.

Sounds like your good to vape, you fixed the problem when you put in a new coil!

No, it won't blow up on you..make sure the coil is heating evenly from the inside out and that you don't have any hot legs, then wick the coil, fill your tank and vape!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
It sounds like the first coil wasn't making a proper connection and the new coil (the one reading .5 ohm) is making a fine connection.

Sounds like your good to vape, you fixed the problem when you put in a new coil!

No, it won't blow up on you..make sure the coil is heating evenly from the inside out and that you don't have any hot legs, then wick the coil, fill your tank and vape!
Thanks a lot man..And sorry for any inconvenience I made especially with my language..Thanks again..Its late here so I've get to bed..Bye

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks a lot man..And sorry for any inconvenience I made especially with my language..Thanks again..Its late here so I've get to bed..Bye
Btw I don't think the problem is with the coil..It was with the atomiser..I removed the tank (place where connect coil out)and the base,the pin and etc was very dirty..I guess it was because that because the first I used the same coil (spring shape)..Btw,am I wrong with the term coil?Sorry I don't know the parts well

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Btw I don't think the problem is with the coil..It was with the atomiser..I removed the tank (place where connect coil out)and the base,the pin and etc was very dirty..I guess it was because that because the first I used the same coil (spring shape)..Btw,am I wrong with the term coil?Sorry I don't know the parts well

Yeah if the 510 pin wasn't making a good connection due to improper care, then that very well could have been the problem.

It's always a good idea to keep everything nice and clean, I always did a thorough cleaning at every flavor change or at least once every three months if not more if it needed it.

Whenever you get a new RTA - new or used - you also want to give a good cleaning before use as well..

Make sure you lube up your o-rings with ejuice as you put it all back together too.. that is very important to remember..

Good luck to you, and yes your terms are close. The screw your talking about on the bottom is called a 510 pin, and the piece that covers the build deck is called a chimney, and then of course your coil is a coil..

You'll get the lingo before you know it!

Never apologize for trying to learn something.. and I'm happy to explain anything I can!

• Agree

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Sounds like you isolated the problem. But, I also read what sounded like you were vaping the coil with the tank dry? If that's the case, I'm sorry to say you may need a new coil, as you stated you were tasting "burnt." It's never a good idea to even test fire a drop in coil without filling the tank. You may well. have destroyed that coil.

Sounds like you've fixed the issue, you can certainly TRY filling the tank, and priming it (you let it sit a bit, take draws through the mouthpiece, without firing the mod at all, then keep doing that while slowly increasing the wattage in increments (you may not get visible vapor, that's fine, the purpose of doing priming puffs is to get the cotton in the coil well saturated. Work your way slowly up to a vape that is satisfying to you, and etc.

I am going to guess that the coil you have in there is toast. I may be wrong, but if it's burnt and you try vaping it, you will need to discard your tank of juice (the burnt taste well might liger in the juice and tank if you try to vape it, and you'll have to do a thorough tear down of the tank and wash it again to get rid of the burnt taste.

The good news is, you've isolated the problem so if you just get your coil priming down, you should have working gear, even if you need to use another coil up front.

Best of luck,

Anna

Svoemesto is the maker of Kayfun, they don't make any tanks with drop in factory made replacement atomizers he is talking about a Kayfun RTA..

We always pulse our coils without wick on an RTA to make sure they are heating properly..

I don't think your understanding the post.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
Yeah if the 510 pin wasn't making a good connection due to improper care, then that very well could have been the problem.

It's always a good idea to keep everything nice and clean, I always did a thorough cleaning at every flavor change or at least once every three months if not more if it needed it.

Whenever you get a new RTA - new or used - you also want to give a good cleaning before use as well..

Make sure you lube up your o-rings with ejuice as you put it all back together too.. that is very important to remember..

Good luck to you, and yes your terms are close. The screw your talking about on the bottom is called a 510 pin, and the piece that covers the build deck is called a chimney, and then of course your coil is a coil..

You'll get the lingo before you know it!

Never apologize for trying to learn something.. and I'm happy to explain anything I can!
Code 9.99 means 'no atomizer'. Stupid, but that's their system.
Thanks

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

Pugall

Apr 27, 2018
Svoemesto is the maker of Kayfun, they don't make any tanks with drop in factory made replacement atomizers he is talking about a Kayfun RTA..

We always pulse our coils without wick on an RTA to make sure they are heating properly..

I don't think your understanding the post.
I'm not vaping with dry tank..I just tested it without wick to see whether there is connection and the coil is getting hotter (become red).If with liquid in it I can't see whether its firing or no right?Btw,the coil is still new..Its quite silver eventhough not fully..No oxidised(the black thingy).When I vape I asswmble evrything and fill e juice and then only vape..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread