Is my Vision Clearomizer done already?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Just got this thing in yesterday. I kind of had a feeling that filling it with 100% VG Johnson Creek Vanda would be a bad idea, I've only dealt with Johnson juice so far but it is the thickest I've seen yet. Looks like the internal o-ring is starting to fall into the clearomizer.

Is this thing toast already? Did I make a big mistake filling it with Vanda? I didn't see Johnson Creek listed anywhere in the "juices that crack tanks" thread but didn't know if that's because they don't or just because no one mentioned it. Is there anyway to fix that o-ring? The drip tip that goes into that hole has an o-ring on it as well, do I need both? Thanks for any answers.

20130216_200413[1].jpg

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Well no one responded and I've spent the last couple hours searching the forums to no avail so I thought I'd give an update in case this happens to anyone else. I got impatient and pulled the o-ring in the picture out assuming the o-ring on the drip tip would be sufficient. So far this appears to be the case but I might send it back in on the 14 day warranty if anything changes by Monday.

MarchHare

Dec 17, 2012
    High Desert,Ca
    The only o-ring should be the one around the drip tip. Just keep that extra one because they are easy to lose. Thick dark VG juices will gunk up your coil more quickly and don't wick as well as the thinner, lighter juices but I ran a lot of JC Red Oak Rainer and Tennessee Cured thru my clearos and don't recall any problems with them falling apart. I'm not familiar with Vanda but I understand cinnamon and citrus juices can cause problems with plastic tanks.
    Thanks for reminding me I had some Johnson Creek e-juice left, their stuff is pretty good!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    There should be 3 O rings in the clearo- one on the drip tip, one on the head and one in the base at the bottom. I used clearos and never had problems but switched to the Vivi Novas and find they're of superior build quality. As for 100% PG you could add a tiny amount of distilled water to thin it out. Just a shot in the dark but maybe too high voltage and/ or low res/ ohms and the heat is deforming the ring? I've also seen O Rings become damaged when not properly seated and screwing parts back together.
    Best of Luck.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Had the exact same thing happen to my first CE4 clearo. Doubt it was genuine tho, since it didn't have the V on the base. Didn't notice any more leaks, so doubt it made much difference. If turned upside down to help wicking in a half-empty tank, I'd get juice on my lips anyways. All in all, not too happy with the CE-range clearos.

Salvaged the innards and binned the tube.

New guy says hello, btw :)

Steelvap3

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2012
    DHARTI
    Yep, no need to worry. It ain't the juice. Sometimes when you push back the drip tip it might just pop off.
    If it starts getting leaky on you try to pull up the silicon head, which covers the coils and seals the connection between drip tip and coil tube. Just pull it up/wiggle it up with a paperclip. And when you screw the drip tip back on just make sure you can see both of them connecting fine and dont overtight.
    Vape On!

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    If it's a replaceable coil style, and the drip tip has to be really push in there to meet the threads, I have found that means that the coil/head are not screw all the way in - seated properly. Remember, these things are mass produced, and probably seldom QCed, so I'm practicing a little preventive maintenance by pulling new ones apart, cleaning and tightening them when necessary before using.

cg

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for all the replies and information. I haven't had a problem with this clearo since last night after pulling the pictured o-ring out, one on the drip tip seams to be working just fine. Don't think I'll even bother sending it in for warranty, I've actually had no trouble with this thing despite having probably the thickest juice known to man in a long wick clearo.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Just had to clean this clearo out... first time doing it, trying hot water. I think the Vanda really is too thick for this thing, it isn't wicking correctly and I'm getting some dry hits.

Has anyone else had experience using Johnson Creek Vanda (the vanilla) in a clearo? Is it really just too thick to do? I love the flavor but man this is some thick juice!

Day

ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I treat the thicker juices in the clearos a little differently than a thinner juice. I tend to spend a lot of time tipping/rolling in my hand to keep it wicked right. I've also heard of people slotting the little silicone piece some but I've never tried that. I also use the short wick heads and fluff them out seems to help wick as well.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Napa, California
    I clean my with everclear. When dry for a bit, the coils are so clean it seldom smokes before turning red. I imagine any kind of alcohol would work.

This works even better: Gotvapes Stardust: Taking It Apart II - YouTube

Then rinse everything under warm faucet water, dry with a paper towel and dry burn. Faster and simpler than it sounds. Also a video on redoing wick and coil. Will try later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=raCRF8NVkE4#t=197s

Last edited:

retrox

Flavor Chaser
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2013
    NC, USA
    Just had to clean this clearo out... first time doing it, trying hot water. I think the Vanda really is too thick for this thing, it isn't wicking correctly and I'm getting some dry hits.

Has anyone else had experience using Johnson Creek Vanda (the vanilla) in a clearo? Is it really just too thick to do? I love the flavor but man this is some thick juice!

The best use I've found for Vanda is mixing 50/50 with Autumn Crisp or some other PG-based juice (I have a very special bottle just for my Vanda + AC mix that I keep shelved and shaken!). The stuff doesn't wick at all by itself in my CE5's, due to the insane thickness of it. Try a bottom coil clearo with a short wick if you want to hit the pure vanilla. I've got a Kanger EVOD full of straight Vanda that vapes like a champ. In fact, the only reason I'm keeping that EVOD around is specifically for the Red Oak stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread