Is Provape the only made in the USA mod maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
The thread title speaks for itself, but I guess I should add, mass produced. I know there are a lot of guys making stuff in their garages and selling them out in 2 minutes every time they feel like making a batch. I love my ProVari, but we are all sort of collectors. I would love to get some more VV or VW mods that are made here, and not in Chinese labor camps.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I do think I would like to get an Reo, but everytime I'm on their website the cool ones are sold out. I bought a Billet Box last year, but fell off the vaping wagon by the time I got it. I sold it, and am now probably considered a flipper and can't buy one. I don't know if I have a whole Saturday to keep hitting refresh to try and buy another one.

It just seems to me that someone is missing out on a gold mine. I would think Provape's sales are in the hundreds of millions a year and growing. I have a ProVari, and then I have 5 Innoken mods that basically do the same thing, just not as well. I'm ready to buy another ProVari, and most people on this forum have more than one. There is definitely a huge market for another $200 US made mod that doesn't consist of a guy putting together pipe fittings in his garage.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
GLV; Ihybrid; Opus and Opus D (the cases are made over-seas)

Actually, none really fit the definition of mass produced -- no automated mechanical building of Provari, Reo, etc. and technically, neither are the China made mods, no matter how many battery holders/tubes/boxes are produced on a run.

"mass-pro·duce
ˌmas prəˈdo͞os/
verb
past tense: mass-produced; past participle: mass-produced

produce large quantities of (a standardized article) by an automated mechanical process."

Last edited:

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
yeah. go buy a cheap cnc mill for $25,000 and an engraver for $5,000. than charge me $20. I will buy one. this has been discussed here before. I am not trying to be smart but this is what it is. if a company made 20,000 units per year perhaps it could be $50. only the cheapest trash Chinese mods are $20. if you don't want one for $200+ that is up to you. another wonderful thing about the usa is it is a free country!
actually I think surefire is in south florida. it would be interesting to see what type of equipment they have. I am guessing maybe $500,000 worth. so how could they sell them for $20? I really am not trying to be a jerk but It seems to me like it can't be done.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
yeah. go buy a cheap cnc mill for $25,000 and an engraver for $5,000. than charge me $20. I will buy one. this has been discussed here before. I am not trying to be smart but this is what it is. if a company made 20,000 units per year perhaps it could be $50. only the cheapest trash Chinese mods are $20. if you don't want one for $200+ that is up to you. another wonderful thing about the usa is it is a free country!
actually I think surefire is in south florida. it would be interesting to see what type of equipment they have. I am guessing maybe $500,000 worth. so how could they sell them for $20? I really am not trying to be a jerk but It seems to me like it can't be done.
The mod in the avatar above is made here at a cost of $9.Made here 4 yrs ago and still works fine.The 2 mod pictured below made in poland in a machine shop with genesis atty tops, $98 shipped.You couldn't hurt them running over them with with a truck and they hold my batteries just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread