Is the eGo T mega dual coil carto always a wimp in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butt_ugly

Jan 20, 2011
pennsylvania
Just got one today to try out, filled it until the top of the packing glistened with my favorite 100% vg juice and after a 5 minute soak-in I immediately was disappointed. The flavor was hardly the same as when I was using a standard resistance type b atty and tank. The vapor produced was rather cool and about half the volume of what I was previously used to . What surprised me the most was how the draw was so easy. I tried putting a tight restriction in the rubber mouthpiece but the draw was still too easy and the vapor still much less than before. I checked the coils, got a reading of 1.6 ohms. Thought maybe the center post of my 1000 mAh battery was not making a good connection but after fiddling around with it for 5 minutes, I gave up and went back on my type b. Any comments before I toss it?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The emdccs from madvapes do not have what i would consider to be an overly easy draw. The non-smok tech emdcc from vaping zone has a much easier draw. So, if I had to guess, I'd probably think you had the vaping zone version. But, then, the vaping zone version tends to put out a little more vapor on the first draw than the smok tech... so, it's tough to say.

Which do you have?

Occasinally, a carto needs a little break in time. Without knowing which carto you are using, it's hard to offer comments or suggestions, though. -- And, there are threads for both kinds of emdcc in this section of the forum.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Using 100% VG might be the problem. I've never used anything over 30% VG in the EMDCC's and not had a single issue with weak vapor production. It almost sounds as if only the top coil is getting fluid - however, I would think you'd be able to taste the poly burning if the bottom one was running dry..

This. Others have said they don't particularly like thick juices.

I think the Vaping Zone version might have a bit looser packing and might work better.

brent_mc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Or it might just be a dud. Cartomizers are essentially designed to be disposable, so they don't always have as stringent QC as they would for the atties. Also I understand that the Joye brand eGo is regulated to 3.4v(or roundabout) so your battery may just not have enough punch to push the EMDCC.
But my money is on it being a dud, at least a partial dud. Some of my last shipment of 1.5ohm XLDCs had an issue with under-performing yet they would read 1.4-1.6ohm. Not sure what was happening with them, but they worked like you described your EMDCC.

Hope this helps.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
...Also I understand that the Joye brand eGo is regulated to 3.4v(or roundabout) so your battery may just not have enough punch to push the EMDCC.

Might be a dud - I used EMDCCs on genuwyne Joyetech batteries until I got the KGO batteries yesterday. They work fine, but they work better on 3.7 volts or so :)

Kirwin

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Central Florida
Using 100% VG might be the problem. I've never used anything over 30% VG in the EMDCC's and not had a single issue with weak vapor production. It almost sounds as if only the top coil is getting fluid - however, I would think you'd be able to taste the poly burning if the bottom one was running dry..

All I use is Johnson Creek's Red Oak line of smoke juice which is 100% VG in my EMDCCs. No problems here, tons of vapor except with Valencia, which produces little vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread