Is the electricity in Germany gonna affect my batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
It depends on your charger. Find what voltage it supports. This will be on the wall wart, if it has one, or on the charger itself. It will say something like input 100 - 240V. If it says it is good for 240 you are good to go, almost. The wall outlets are different and US stuff will not plug in but all you need is a fairly cheap adapter that you plug into one side and the other goes in the wall.

If the input does not go to 240 do NOT plug it in. It will probably fry the charger. Check this for ALL the stuff you want to plug in. If you have something that does not like 240 you have two options. One is to get a voltage converter, can be fairly expensive, and the other is to buy whatever you need to run on 240, if it is just a charger it might be cheaper to get a new charger than a voltage converter.

One trick I use is to us a single adapter and plug an extension cord in and then I can plug a couple of us things in the other end.

Have fun in Germany.

EricRichter

May 26, 2014
Washington
p7willm is right. It'll cost a heck of a lot more to buy the necessary equipment to convert your plugs to German ones, than it would to just buy an e-cig charger in Germany itself. Europe has quite an active vaping industry, too, so it shouldn't be a problem to find smth on the net that will be near your hotel. Or you could learn some German and exercise it. ;) Good luck!

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Anything that has a converter should be ok (ex- laptop batteries) and you just need an outlet adapter. Check the voltage range on the converter, but most of them accept 110 to 240. If it doesn't go to 240, do not plug it in (I've yet to see one that doesn't, though. All my US hardware that come with a charger/converter works just fine in France).

Straight cord to outlet (no converter, ex- a lamp) will fry what's on the other end.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Nearly all electronics are made to handle modern power outputs- 120-240v. The only differences in chargers sold in Eurpoe and the US are the cord and packaging. I just use these and have never had an issue-

ju97ol.jpg

pumukl

May 24, 2014
Morrilton, AR, USA
The language should not be a problem since I was born and raised there and speak it fluently. I have had some stuff fry on previous visits wIth the adapters. But thank you for all the help and I'll check on my charger. If all else fails I'll just hijack my brothers computer and charge it via usb. And of course I love the idea of getting new stuff while there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread