Is the Halo battery the same as the VOLT X2 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, Not sure if this is the right place for this But..... I have some questions and need advice before i make an order.
Is the Halo battery the same as the VOLT X2 battery?
Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
I am wondering if the Halo Triton tanks will fit & work on these Volt X2 batts.
The threading needs to be the same of course but also the height of the Positive center terminal inside the threaded end. So it will contact the terminal in the bottom of the Halo tank.
Smokeless Image has a "pass-thru" Volt X2 battery and Halo does not yet offer one.
I also read that the "Kanger coils will fit on the Halo tank.
Kanger T2 Sunfire 70mm Long Wick Replacement Atomizer Coils 5-Pack - Vaping Me

Can anyone answer this ?
ThanX Steve

Smokeless Image Volt batteries and juice attachments all use the 808-thread.

Smokeless Image Volt batteries and juice attachments all use the 808-thread.

Howdy ,...Baditude... Great name btw... The problem is that it seems like the ego threaded batt has a much lower center terminal post than the halo batt, so the center positive connection wouldn't touch. Also the Halo batt doesn't have internal threads for a 510 atty , only two different outside threads and an elevated center post. Might there be an adapter? The Halo tanks only use the lower larger threads, which are the same as the protective collar on my old batts.

I was looking for a pass thru batt for my Halo tanks. Which they don't have . Halo doesn't mention cleaning the insulating space between the batt pos & neg with a toothpick and tissue. They also claim their tanks don't leak. However I found the cleaning procedure and tried it as using just a Q-Tip couldn't get down in there. And yes I made sure the coil assy was tightened properly so that wouldn't be the cause of leaking. Or have any wick threads in the screw on connection.

They sent me batts with loose parts rattling around inside and one with a sticking switch which overheated , even tho I tried to shut it off and removed tank. I always remove the tanks and shut the batts off when not in use. But this cleaning procedure is not mentioned in their manuals. But I do it now on my last good batt.

Is there a site that shows a blueprint of the parts for fitting purposes or has anyone tried this before, someone who owns both? or an adapter?
Thanks Again, Steve.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Halo batteries may well have a propriatary connector, designed so that you are forced to use only their products. Using Halo products severely limits your options to explore better products available on the market.

The same can be said for the Smokeless Image Volt lineup. 808-threaded devices are the least common thread type, unlike the more popular 510 or ego thread connectors.

I suggest getting either a Vision Spinner or Joytech Twist (eGo batteries) so that you have a much larger choice of juice attachments to use.

Proper Terminology: Guide to Juice Attachments

Good Starter Setup for a Beginning Vaper

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have used both. The X2 is a passthru and has a built in charger so it is a quite bit longer. The X2 also takes longer to charge. Both are good batteries except for the weird 808/ego threading.

The Triton tank will work on both...they have identical threading. The Triton tank does not work on an regular 510/ego battery because the center post will not reach the battery.

Any Kanger T2 will also work. The great thing about the T2 is that it works on both 808/ego (Triton and X2) batteries and 510/ego batteries. The Triton and the T2 use the same replacement heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread