Is the IKV DBOX PuriTank better than the Protank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwatching

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2011
Canton, OH
dbox_vs_protank.jpg
DBox vs Protank size comparison.

che170

Jan 14, 2013
Keyport, New Jersey
I'm actually using one right now. When I get back to my pc ill type up something more substantial.

So, back to the PC! In short, I like it. Whether or not you like it will depend on why you don't like the protank. if you don't like the airy draw, use EVOD coils, it tightens it right up. If you don't like the look, the IKV fixes it. I think it looks great, especially with the included drip tip. It is a little long, and if you're using an 18350 size mod or an ego battery it will look a little off, just like it would on an eGO type battery. But it looks great on 18650 size mods. My wife and I use them on Provaris, my brother and sister use them on the VAMO. No air flow problems due to cut channels in the bottom cap, so you can flush mount to your hearts content. The glass seems nice and solid, and has survived all my inadvertent drop tests(wood, linoleum, tile).

In closing, if the protank performance is bothering you in a way that EVOD coils won't fix, don't buy. If the EVOD coils will fix it, but you're not a fan of the protank look, the IKV is the way to go. Highly recommend, and I actually have 2 more on order since I like them so much.

Happy vaping!
. I very much want to try it! I can't wait to get one! Do you know who has then in stock in US? Thank you! Cheryl. (che170)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Thanks jfountain2! I saw these a while back on the Ikenvape site and they looked really interesting, but have never been in stock so I could order one. Appreciate the link to Discount Vapors -- one is on its way to me (and probably will get here this week -- DV is pretty speedy when it comes to shipping).

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
OK...I'm on board for the Tatro tank....LOVE stainless steel. Question is.....can you use Evod coil/atty or do you have to use ProTank stuff?

Thanks for the Puri reviews and info...want to try one of them too if anyone ever has any. Has anyone tried the Raven nested tanks from GotVapes? I really really really love the nested concept...but have had only bad luck with the Raven cartos. :( If anyone has any tips for using those cartos I would love to hear it!

haha..ok I answered my own question. If anyone else is interested in these...here's the info:

Uses the Kanger Protank or Evod Coils

We have designed a USA version of the Kanger Protank bottom cap, the " Tatroe Tank Cap" made out of stainless steel. This is not the only change we made with this, we also created the cap to have a slightly tighter air draw. This new USA Tatroe tank cap will also have a lifetime warranty.

http://www.cigtechs.com/Tatroe-tank-bottom-cap_p_430.html

CHEERS!!

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
That looks like a nice piece. But I wonder if they address the airflow issue? Even with two of the air inlets blocked off I find my ProTank is just toooo airy.

Btw....CigTech just put some Tatroe tanks back in stock last night.I'm only telling you because I already got mine...LOL

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my dbox puritank today, and so far so good. It has less of an airy draw than the Protank, which was my major complaint with it. The draw on the dbox is still what I would describe as airy, but less so than the Protank. Decent flavor. Build quality is quite good -- feels sturdy and nicely machined. The drip tip is nice as well, even though I don't normally care for metal tips.

Keeps up with my chain vaping without any dry hits whatsoever.

I'm going to pick up some evod heads since I've heard that using those will tighten the draw a bit. But so far, very pleased.

So, my answer to the OP's title to this thread: yes, I think the Dbox Puritank IS better than the Protank!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread