Status
Not open for further replies.

rexet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Paris, FR
Hi guys,

I'm desespetately looking for the most portable VV mod to use it as my allday set up at work.
I vape on Boge LR cartomizers and I like them around 10W.
For the moment I carry an ego Twist 650mah but it is too tall for me.

I read many great thing about the Little Sister mod... but those reviews are prehistorical since they have been written in 2010.
I mostly read that the device vapes really well but the main issue is the poor quality of materials and assembly.
I am wondering why Ken didn't upgrade this nice little device with an aluminium case and solid switch.

I am actually extremely surprised that nobody release such a small device with the technology we have today in the vaping market.

My question here is: is the Little Sister still worth the bucks :confused:

Thank you for you help.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I've never owned one but the Little Sister is absolutely a great mod. The only drawback that I can see is the batteries that it uses...the 10440. If you don't mind carrying an extra set, you're good to go. The vari cool model's price is a little steep but it's a high quality, hand made mod. The regular model is downright reasonable. I really can't think of another vv mod that can compare in size unless you build one yourself or have someone do it for you. Good luck....

rexet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Paris, FR
Thanks wolf for your feedback.
There is actually another point to take into consideration: I live in France.
I read some reviews saying that they had their Little Sister repaired several times (mainly the switch or the glued 510 connector). This mod would be really expensive if it doesn't have a good lifetime.

I wish I could find a modder in France that would be able to disassemble the Little Sister and rebuild it in a nice aluminium case :)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The Little Sister is what it is, Ken did a great job with it and it's a great device for an evening out or running errands when something ultra small is wanted but it's made in a Plastic lighter housing and being so small it uses 10440 batteries which don't last long, durability and vape time aren't it's strong points.

In your situation I'd look for something else, a Provari mini is just under 3.5" long, the shortest vv production tube I'm aware of. Quite expensive but one of if not the most durable, accurate production device out. The iTaste MVP is another good choice, it's not that big for a box, durable body and will give you plenty of vape time. Those are the 2 I'd recommend looking at, it's going to be tough to find smaller production model with the durable body unless you're willing to build your own or check some of the custom builds people are selling, then you get into wait times and usually higher cost.

rexet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Paris, FR
stillnotsmoking > Still a little bit big for my taste and seems that the build quality is the same as the Little Sister

Nomoreash > The fact is that I already owned two Provari Mini (grey 2.0 and black 2.5). I really love them but this is definitevely not something I can put in my jean pocket during summer like I would do with a tiny box like the Little Sister. Same for the MVP.

Well I guess I will try the Little Sister and if the build quality is this bad I will consider finding someone able to rebuild it in a durable body.

rexet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Paris, FR
The Vmod v2 is gorgeous and this is the kind of build quality I am looking for.
I never tried BF vape... maybe I should give a try.

Replace the bottle chamber by a DNA20 and I'm willing to pay $200 for this :p

EDIT :eek:ups guess I talked too fast regarding the $200! I should have say 150! Thanks for the link, I'm gonna have a look!

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

rexet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Paris, FR