Is the SLB KGO the same as the RIVA KGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was just a bit confused, I see many sites carry the KGO, and so many recomendations on the KGO. I just ordered a starter kit but it does not come in the same rectangular dark/brown/blk? box with what looks like a crown?
I just want to make sure that the name KGO is brand/manufacturer or if its a style. Thanx

Will post this on the new members forum too.
Thanx for any information shared

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
There is more than one kGo, just like there is more than one eGo. The kGo is an eGo knockoff, minus the 3.4V regulation. It just so happens that SLB named its eGo knockoff the kGo. Some other company named theirs the tGo. Other companies knocked off the kGo and didn't bother changing the name. The Riva is an eGo clone. AFAIK, there is no such thing as a Riva kGo. They all follow the eGo form factor and most of the batteries are all made in the same factories anyway.

China is nothing but a big mess of one company knocking off another company that knocked off another company. Half the knockoffs have components made by or for the original manufacturer they're knocking off in the first place. Tear apart a Riva and you'll find a joyetech battery and circuit board. Yet people protest that the Riva is an eGo knockoff and only genuine Joye brands are to be trusted. Go figger.

Bottom line is that it usually doesn't make a hill of beans difference. The American manufacturing practices, labeling practices and standards don't apply in China and neither do the definitions of knockoff or clone or whatever.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Don't worry about it. It might be an SLB or it might not. It's still a kGo and you won't notice a bit of difference unless maybe you did some tests in a lab.

If they're calling it a Riva kGo, it could be that it has a Joye battery instead of an SLB and that it's regulated instead of being unregulated like the SLB version of the kgo.

For all practical purposes, kGo is a style. It is an eGo form factor without the 3.4V regulation. It may be regulated at 3.7V, or unregulated like the SLB model.

Last edited:

peacemaker1337

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
sounds fishy to me... I Got my kGo through Northwest Vapors and it came in the dark blk/gold Crown box job thing... Did you do your research with the company in question selling this particular kGo? I usually serach youtube for at least 5 different sources of reviewers and see which company is the way to go. GrimmGreen got his from Hoosier E-Cig Supply, and he usually mentions a the kGo when eGo type e-cig is conversed! All in all, research is king when it comes to buying something online! Hopefully yours works great! Stay Smoke-Free and Vape On!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well I thought I researched, was ready to order it from hoosiers, but a couple people who said theyd been vaping for a while recomended elitevaporworks as a great company with great prices and service. I also think I saw it on youtube.

here is the link:
Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I bought it thru elitevaporworks., theirs doesnt come in the dark rectangular box, it comes in a pouch, with usb connector etc,

You're fine, then. EliteVaporWorks carries the real deal KGO. They just put their own kits together with individual parts rather than buy the pre-packaged kits.

As sailorman said, all the KGOs, Rivas, etc. are just unregulated 3.7V knockoffs of the original Joyetech eGo, which is regulated at 3.4V. I have seen Rivas come from several different manufacturers, including Riva, Eastmall, and Smoktech.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you very very much, "Jack" spaceballrules. It has been quite an adventure, this decision to switch from analog cigs. Im sure like all users of " toys " there are PCs people and Mac people. Both do the same thing but its a matter of preference.
BTW PCs RULE !!!!! :)

So, one more thing(sure) so will the items for Joyetechs be compatible with KGO?
I will definitely ge getting a drip tip and look into a longer lasting cartridge/tank. After I get my KGO I will probably take a trip to the nearest Vape store in Laguna Beach called e-gig city and look at all the "shiny" accessories and their juice testers.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yes, the kGo and eGo are the same "form factor" and have the same connector types. Also, items with 510 connections will fit the kGo, so don't overlook those. There are a lot of things that work better than the eGo devices but don't have that eGo/kGo/Riva/Vgo/TGo/Gogo type skirt on them. But they still fit because the only thing that really matters is the electrical connection and that's a standard 510. They might look a bit goofy, but they'll fit and they'll work.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thank you very very much, "Jack" spaceballrules. It has been quite an adventure, this decision to switch from analog cigs. Im sure like all users of " toys " there are PCs people and Mac people. Both do the same thing but its a matter of preference.
BTW PCs RULE !!!!! :)

It can certainly be overwhelming for people just starting out. I currently have a Riva kit and a KGO kit, and the only difference between the two and is that the Riva has a 3-click on/off feature and gold trim, whereas the KGO has a 5-click on/off feature and chrome trim. Apart from that, they perform identically.

PCs vs. Mac? Now that's a different story. Apple has a cult following that I will never understand.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
thanks sailorman, which site( im sure you have a few) would you say has good prices and wide variety of 510 PV products?

Hmm... Prices and selection seem to be inversely proportional in this market. Gotvapes.com probably has one of the biggest selections, but the prices aren't the best. Madvapes.com has a big selection also. Discountvapers.com has good prices but not quite as wide a selection. Crystalclearvaping has excellent prices but a smaller selection yet (they only really sell what they can personally vouch for). EcigCharleston.com has a very wide variety and decent prices, especially shipping which is $1.99 per order. No site is cheaper for everything. No site carries everything. You have to do a lot of comparison shopping and keep a lot of tabs open in your browser, lol. Also, check the coupon section for coupon codes and the "steals and deals" forum for the latest sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread