Is the top coil design going bye-bye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
Banjo, I am personally still in love with top coil and in particular, our FLüXomizers...they are definitely not going away--we have a massive restock coming in soon.

Good.

news is coming in a few days once more information has passed through our hands

Good.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i really don't understand why we can't get clearomizers with the same tube material as the sapphire, maybe a slightly different bottom design to hold the tube on. then you could actually put the things in your pocket without worrying about them falling apart and be able to use them for more than 2 days without the tubes cracking.

they so easy to clean and IMHO much less hassle than a sapphire especially for just vaping in the house. I just leave the rubber stuff out at the top. just drop tube over coil, put in rubber piece on top and done. maybe drop in the rubber disk if I feel like it.

cryx

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2011
Midwest
i really don't understand why we can't get clearomizers with the same tube material as the sapphire, maybe a slightly different bottom design to hold the tube on. then you could actually put the things in your pocket without worrying about them falling apart and be able to use them for more than 2 days without the tubes cracking..

Ditto! I ordered two packs of the metal CE2s, but erroneously received the plastic ones on July 27. I read that the thicker tubes were less prone to cracking so my wife and I figured we'd give them a try. They were babied and never put in a pocket while on the battery, etc. The 4 in use cracked at the base within 2-4 days. I put superglue on the cracks and tightly wrapped a 1/4" of packing tape around the base. One of my wife's has cracked again in another spot. I suspect it's the side pressure on the cup from inserting the needle.

I love being able to see the fluid level, but quite disappointed given that I still have a few functioning metal ones that are 4 months old. I'm debating if I want to go through the effort and shipping cost of exchanging the other pack for what I ordered...

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
the replacement tubes that gotvapes sells are supposedly thicker.

Ditto! I ordered two packs of the metal CE2s, but erroneously received the plastic ones on July 27. I read that the thicker tubes were less prone to cracking so my wife and I figured we'd give them a try. They were babied and never put in a pocket while on the battery, etc. The 4 in use cracked at the base within 2-4 days. I put superglue on the cracks and tightly wrapped a 1/4" of packing tape around the base. One of my wife's has cracked again in another spot. I suspect it's the side pressure on the cup from inserting the needle.

I love being able to see the fluid level, but quite disappointed given that I still have a few functioning metal ones that are 4 months old. I'm debating if I want to go through the effort and shipping cost of exchanging the other pack for what I ordered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread