Is there a better PV than the Vamo V3 if so what is it and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Prepare for the Provari Tsunami of posts.

In 3...2...1....

why did you have to say that like that?

the poster asked for something BETTER. what's wrong with suggesting a provari?

Now, when someone asks for something CHEAP, it's a bit silly to say Provari,,,,,

but no one can argue that a provari is an excellent product.

Geez.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Looking to get another PV, I already have the Vamo V3 but would like something different. I'd like something powerful that has the ability to create lots of vapor. Idea and comments gladly received.

well, without paying too much(down, provari , down!) the sigelei zmax telescoping flattop v5 for around $60-well built, removable top cap for easy maintainence, and quickly ably to go into any battery configuration. as far as clouds, that depends more on what's on top of it more than the mod itself. except for low, low ohm they all fire-get an RBA with lots of airflow and you can be your own weather system if that's what you want.....

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Looking to get another PV, I already have the Vamo V3 but would like something different. I'd like something powerful that has the ability to create lots of vapor. Idea and comments gladly received.

If you're cloud chasing, then you need a mechanical and an RDA/RBA.

Otherwise, many enjoy the SVD for it's build quality and performance. Check out the Variable Voltage sub-forum in the APV forum.

Like jefsview stated, really huge clouds are pretty much limited to rebuildables, and most APV's won't fire the sub ohm coils these people use to get those mega clouds. So a mech and a RBA/RDA are the equipment of choice.

As for the Vamo, not a whole lot out there that has more upper limit power. DNA 20 goes to 20 watts compared to VAMO's 15, but finding a mod premade can be a little tricky, and building one yourself requires some knowledge, skill, and tools that not all of us have.

ProVari, very high quality, but the built in protection doesn't allow sub ohms.

If you just want to use something like the Vamo and want bigger clouds, the iclear 30 has dual coils and produces some pretty good vapor.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA

Now, when someone asks for something CHEAP, it's a bit silly to say Provari,,,,,

Geez.

Sheesh, get a sense of humor. . I said it with love.

I have NO opinion on Provaris. I am still on twists!

I just know there are A LOT of people on here that are very passionate about Provari. When I saw this post I expected the Provarirati to chime in.

Heck, I could've exchanged Provari for REO and the humor would have been the same.

I keeeeeeed. I'm a kidder.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ

I just know there are A LOT of people on here that are very passionate about Provari. When I saw this post I expected the Provarirati to chime in.

Heck, I could've exchanged Provari for REO and the humor would have been the same.

No, the REO would actually be a valid suggestion as it's a mech mod which can fire sub-ohm coils.

The OP originally asked for "better", but then specified that he wants to chase clouds. I'd consider the ProVari "better" in terms of quality (I own both a ProVari and a REO), but it would do absolutely nothing to help the OP if he's on the quest to be able to post videos of himself on YouTube looking like a human choo-choo train, so not a valid suggestion in this case (IMO).

[ETA:] The Vamo has the ability to create lots of vapor. Learn to build micro coils in an RDA, learn about proper air flow and use 100% VG e-liquid.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Like jefsview stated, really huge clouds are pretty much limited to rebuildables, and most APV's won't fire the sub ohm coils these people use to get those mega clouds. So a mech and a RBA/RDA are the equipment of choice.

True for the rebuildable part, the topper IS the biggest factor, but you don't have to go sub-ohm to get huge clouds. You can build micro-coils in the 2.0-2.4 ohm range that will fire on your Vamo just fine and still deliver clouds.

Heck, I have rebuilt EVOD heads at 2.4 ohms with 7 to 8wrap micro coils that make pretty dang big clouds, especially compared to factory coils.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...271-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th.html

Last edited:

whitehawk

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
washington
To the op you have the svd, the vamo v3 or v4, tesla, zmaxx, sid lambo 4.0. are a few i have seen around. i dont own any one but im getting a tesla for me and a vamo for my wife. but just look on you tube for reviews and what they have to offer you. many will say vamo's are great which they have a big fallowings same goes with the provarti.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A

Geez.

BAHAHAHHAH. You took the bait :)

This entire thread seems kinda like bait if you ask me :) If not, sorry I said so, lol!

"Guys, is there anything in the world better than a Vamo? I'm asking because I want something that makes clouds!" Seems kinda fishy :)

There are TONS of PVs .

Here's a list of some variable voltage and/or variable wattage devices that I think are nice:

Innokin SVD (Get Stainless Steel, DO NOT GET CHROME)
Innokin iTaste MVP
Innokin iTaste VV/VW v3
Smoktech SID
Smoktech ZMAX v3
Vamo v3
Joyetech eVic
Provari
LAVATUBE v2.5

As for mechs (mechanical mods)...there are TONS of those...and since I don't use em, you'll have to ask someone else.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

LOL, sorry then :) I mis-read the tone of voice on line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread