Is there a fix for a battery that would no longer charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
I had this problem with two batteries that were less than 3 weeks old. They would simply refuse to be fed electricity by the charger, and basically die of starvation. I finished off the first battery while trying to disassemble it. Left the second alone, because even though now I "sort of" learned how to disassemble them without destroying them, I would not really know what to do to convince it to accept nourishment again. Any suggestion?

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
I had this problem with two batteries that were less than 3 weeks old. They would simply refuse to be fed electricity by the charger, and basically die of starvation. I finished off the first battery while trying to disassemble it. Left the second alone, because even though now I "sort of" learned how to disassemble them without destroying them, I would not really know what to do to convince it to accept nourishment again. Any suggestion?
Have you watched the autopsy video? It might help?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/3922-video-dse901-battery-dissection-atuposy.html
Could just be a broken wire or connection?
Do you have any other batteries that the charger works with could be the charger.

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
I managed to extract the battery still attached to the threaded ring, so that all connections were still attached. I could not, however, find anything amiss with it (I did not dissect it, though). The pneumatic switch works, although the battery has virtually no charge left, but it would not charge. And I have multiple batteries and chargers. This is definitely a battery problem. I am afraid I'll have to let also this one go....

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
I managed to extract the battery still attached to the threaded ring, so that all connections were still attached. I could not, however, find anything amiss with it (I did not dissect it, though). The pneumatic switch works, although the battery has virtually no charge left, but it would not charge. And I have multiple batteries and chargers. This is definitely a battery problem. I am afraid I'll have to let also this one go....
If you have a voltmeter you could check the continuity in the wires - them little bugers are so fine - From a visual they may look fine but on my ecigar I found one that was broke in side the insulation outside it looked fine but it wasen't making a connection. You could also measure the battery what kind of voltage do you have? should be 3 - 4.2 volts measured "at" the battery not thru the inner circuitry.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
You are right - those things are so fine I probably missed a break. Unfortunately, I do not have a voltmeter, so I am afraid I'll just leave it as is. I will, however, keep it, in case I one day get hold of a voltmeter -or super sight....
Thanks for your help

if the wires aren't broken (loose connection), the chip is.

a week old 901 battery died on me yesterday,right after charging.
it's fully charged,the switch works,the led works,but no current on the contacts while drawing.....

i opened it and everything was fine,so the only conclusion would be the chip went south.
it seems the chip inside handles discharging and charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread