Is There A Special Way You Have Do Things To Get A Riva To Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Ok, There is a user manual which explains how to charge your batteries up properly to condition them,
after this is done,

it should work ok, like the other one you mentioned.

Eastmall RiVa Initial Battery Conditioning

There seems to be some confusion , please understand that for whatever reason someone tells you that this battery does not need "conditioned " , or , charged in the fashion that the manual states, there reasoning is meaningless.

Please understand that this has proven and again by not only myself, but others here that wish to remain silent.

No matter what the old / new / type / ( doesn't matter ) of any and all other batteries or devices anyone has full knowledge of or does for a living, or produces, goes to school for, eats, or has physical relations with, that this RiVa battery MUST be "conditioned per the manual.

In addition, misuse of any kind as in , not properly following manufacture directions may or may not void the warranty.

Please , if you do not understand what the manual is telling you, just ask, and we'll be more then glad to do as much as possible to assist you in the initial charging procedure.

Procedure =
1 - charge the battery for the full 8 hours regardless of the colour of the light -

2 - vape it for 20 minutes

3 - charge it again for 1 hour -

then it is fully charged and conditioned.

after this initial conditioning charge the battery can be charged normally

if you have a problem with your product -
please contact customer Service for resolution of your issue.

Customer Service email :- support@eastmall.net

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Ok, There is a user manual which explains how to charge your batteries up properly to condition them,
after this is done,

it should work ok, like the other one you mentioned.

Eastmall RiVa Initial Battery Conditioning

There seems to be some confusion , please understand that for whatever reason someone tells you that this battery does not need "conditioned " , or , charged in the fashion that the manual states, there reasoning is meaningless.

Please understand that this has proven and again by not only myself, but others here that wish to remain silent.

No matter what the old / new / type / ( doesn't matter ) of any and all other batteries or devices anyone has full knowledge of or does for a living, or produces, goes to school for, eats, or has physical relations with, that this RiVa battery MUST be "conditioned per the manual.

In addition, misuse of any kind as in , not properly following manufacture directions may or may not void the warranty.

Please , if you do not understand what the manual is telling you, just ask, and we'll be more then glad to do as much as possible to assist you in the initial charging procedure.

Procedure =
1 - charge the battery for the full 8 hours regardless of the colour of the light -

2 - vape it for 20 minutes

3 - charge it again for 1 hour -

then it is fully charged and conditioned.

after this initial conditioning charge the battery can be charged normally

if you have a problem with your product -
please contact customer Service for resolution of your issue.

Customer Service email :- support@eastmall.net

Thank you Di. I didn't get a manual (probably because I didn't order a kit) but I will do as you say even though the charger shows green.

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Off the charger does the light work when you press it? If it does check it with a Multimeter or try a different atomizer. If there is no charge, when you put it in the charger, does it blink three times? If not, while in the charger tap the button to kick start the charging. If it doesn't start charging, take it off the charger and try the button again. Sounds strange but this procedure sometimes works.

Look at the charger. Are those contacts clean? The charger might be the problem.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Off the charger does the light work when you press it? If it does check it with a Multimeter or try a different atomizer. If there is no charge, when you put it in the charger, does it blink three times? If not, while in the charger tap the button to kick start the charging. If it doesn't start charging, take it off the charger and try the button again. Sounds strange but this procedure sometimes works.

Look at the charger. Are those contacts clean? The charger might be the problem.

Hi dskarpus,

The light works. I'll have to find out how to check it with a multimeter. The charger does not blink when I attach the Riva. I also tried it with two different chargers and the light just stays green on both and I clean them regularly.

So I guess I have try a multmeter to see what it says.

Thank you for the advise. =)

ryb74ii

Aug 17, 2010
Louisiana
Brand new. Tried it right away and nothing. Put on charger which shows green like it is charged. Am I missing some secret procedure compared to using an e-GO?

Are you using LR attys or regular? Either way it doesn't matter. Sometimes the holes on the atty do not line up completely with the holes on the btty. If this happens, you will not get any venting or air flow.

I just got two Rivas from EM today. Ordered 15 LR attys with it. One of them did not line up properly with the holes in the btty. After slightly unscrewing it(loosening it), I was able to vape with no problems.

This could also be the problem too.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
It's dead Di. I charged it for the eight hours. Nothing worked on it. Used a voltmeter and it is 0. (thanks 5 card for telling me how) I did then try the voltmeter on my e-go just to make sure I was doing it right and it registered the voltage. Sooooooooo, I'm guessing there is no doubt left.

Di, I have to confess I am pretty disappointed in EM. First the atties and now the Riva. Nothing that I ordered in that co-op works.

Thank you everyone else for your suggestions and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread