is there a trick to 6v vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Keep you hits short and make sure your atty is wet. Remember also to be especially careful when your batteries are fresh off the charger. They put out about 6.7 volts at first and settle down. Unfortunately, you have to experiment and find the right atty. The HV ones work but end up performing like a 3.7 volt device. Try to find atty's or cartos with a higher Ohm rating. Madvapes has an atty that runs at 3.2-3.4 Ohms. That should do the trick. I also break them in at 3.7 volts. I don't know if that actually helps but it seems to work for me. I just got the battery extension for my Midi VapeStack and have been running it at both 6 and 3.7 volts. I actually prefer running it at 3.7 volts with a Cisco 306 atty. The results are about the same. It's nice to have both options though and I go back and forth.

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Keep you hits short and make sure your atty is wet. Remember also to be especially careful when your batteries are fresh off the charger. They put out about 6.7 volts at first and settle down. Unfortunately, you have to experiment and find the right atty. The HV ones work but end up performing like a 3.7 volt device. Try to find atty's or cartos with a higher Ohm rating. Madvapes has an atty that runs at 3.2-3.4 Ohms. That should do the trick. I also break them in at 3.7 volts. I don't know if that actually helps but it seems to work for me. I just got the battery extension for my Midi VapeStack and have been running it at both 6 and 3.7 volts. I actually prefer running it at 3.7 volts with a Cisco 306 atty. The results are about the same. It's nice to have both options though and I go back and forth.

I just got my roughstack with extension (2 - 16340 3.0 volt batteries), and charged it up for my first day back to work - It stopped working on the way to work, and I thought perhaps I didn't charge the batteries properly. I got home and recharged both batteries separately to ensure the batteries were good; still no good. I swapped out the atty that I got with it, with the other brand new one (510 (3.2 ohm)) two hauls, and it stopped working again. I put a normal 510 on, and same thing; 1 or 2 puffs and dead. Worse of it is, they now no longer work at all on my vGo either, totally burnt out 3 atty's in one day!! :( Any other atomizer recommendations for 6 volt vaping? Recommendations would be HIGHLY appreciated!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I use 6V vaping for one thing. Dying atomizers. I like to use a regular atomizer (510) till it stops making decent vapor at 3.7-4.2vdc. I may clean it, I may not, but the resistance is built up. So I move it over to a 6V mod and vape with it till it dies a sure death. Then I throw it in a bin to rebuild ... someday.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
If anyone is burning out atties at 6V it is probably due to running them to dry. I have been vaping at 6V since last June and have only killed 1 atomizer. But I run my atties pretty much flooded at all times. At 6V a flooded 510 atomizer will still give you big clouds and the flavor is outstanding!! Just my experience with them. By the way, if you want a nice 6V experience without having it be TOO much, try the blue 3.0V rcr123a Tenergy Batteries. They are 3.0V protected at 900mah and will give you good results without going overboard. I have some 3.0V LifePo4 batteries and they hit like a freight train on steriods!! For a few juices they are ok, but for most of them, it just burns my juice and tastes like crap!! I prefer the Protected Lithium Ion Tenergy batts for the fact they put out a little less current. Still 6V mind you, but not as much current comes from them. Hope this helps everyone a little. HAPPY VAPING!!

CV

jctennis

ECF Veteran
I have been using 6 volts for quite a while. Honestly thw best thing you can use is a carto. If you burn one out you are only out like two bucks. I have also had success ripping out the filler material and replacing it with silica rope after the regular poly gets burnt. Try that and burning will be a thing of the past. Ymmv. Good luck to ya.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So just upgraded my atty collection to include a couple of HV atties - Hoog and team, you really need to pick some of these puppies up! I burned through the 2 included in the kit in the first day after charging the batteries. All is now right in the world again, and anyone looking at the 6volt roughstack extension should absolutely dive right in - MOST Excellent!

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I use the cheap, non-LR atomizers from Madvapes in my RoughStack w/extension all day at 6v with no problems. I dewick and debridge and drip exclusively. My atomizers are lasting far better than I thought they would. As previous posters have stated, keeping the coils wet is very important. It is pretty east to figure out when you need to drip again... When the debridged atomizer is wet, it shoots a few droplets of searing hot e-liquid out of the drip tip when the button is first depressed, leaving vapor contrails. Then you take a drag. When you hear the hissing but no e-liquid shoots out, don't hit it. Wait for it to cool and then drip more. My atomizers died from dripping onto the still-hot coils, causing them to crack. I realize that this is a pretty low-tech/ham-headed method, but it works for me. More importantly, it has shown that the atomizer will function and last very well if it is kept nice and wet. Don't expect a normal atomizer to wick fast enough to feed the hungry demons of 6v vaping. That's why I drip at this power level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread