Is there any DIACETYL in any of your e-liquid or flavors you use to make your e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdpjr68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
N.E. Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I asked this same question a few weeks ago never did get a answer from anyone at vaporbomb...Hope you have better luck than i did..Its something i really would like to know because vaporbomb WAS my favorite place to order from...kinda afraid to order from them after my question was ignored.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this issue. We have gotten with all of our ingredient suppliers and all have been audited and contain NO DIACETYL . Our only international supplier is FDA approved.

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I really don't want to be a PITA, but diacetyl is fda approved for food-flavoring purposes, and your supplier has the list of diacetyl-containing juices on his website. You might consider listing which of your flavors use FlavourArt, and what FA flavor you're using in a blend, that way the consumer can crosscheck if s/he chooses to do so. (http://www.flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=19) Just so you know, there are many of us that want to avoid the stuff, NOT blackball vendors that use it.

ETA: Chrizzle - FA makes a lot of flavorings, so it's more likely given his statement that Harry is using those that are diacetyl-free.
Also edited to fix my link. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
This has been addressed. Let's all stop the fear mongering people.
Actually it hasn't when it comes to their international supplier. Being FDA approved doesn't mean they don't supply flavors with diacetyl. As someone else stated Flavourart uses diacetyl in some of their flavors. So if Flavourart is their international supplier they may be using flavors with it in it.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
Oh, they use FA's Hypnotic Mist and Zen Garden so I assumed that was the international supplier of which he spoke.

Now we're going after the suppliers that even say they don't use it! What's the point of all of this if we aren't gonna believe them when they tell us they don't!!??!! And we're still not calling this a witch hunt?

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Now we're going after the suppliers that even say they don't use it! What's the point of all of this if we aren't gonna believe them when they tell us they don't!!??!! And we're still not calling this a witch hunt?

Harry didn't say that the international supplier was audited or diacetyl free, only that they were fda approved. The fda allows diacetyl as a food flavor. Harry uses Hypnotic Mist and Zen Garden, which are FlavourArt's own blends. Draw your own conclusions. That's what we're supposed to be doing, right?

chrizzle

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
How is this fear mongering? Just looking to get clarification on who their flavor supplier is. Personally, I would like to get the scoop on what I am putting in my body and this question is not out of line or provoking a fear response. Nobody here is suggesting to stay away from all Flavour Art flavored juices. If it is FA, then it has been documented that *some* of their flavors contain diacetyl. If VB chooses not to use those flavors in their mixes, then great. I found a new juice supplier.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Just so we're clear, you're all reformed smokers, correct? I just want to make sure because I can't remember having a discussion with fellow smokers about the dangerous/potentially dangerous substances we were inhaling and then tracking down the cig companies demanding that they change their ingredients.

Food for thought...
- eliquid suppliers don't want to injure/kill their customers, that is bad for business
- eliquid suppliers don't want to get sued, most aren't big companies and can't afford the liability
- the industry could (probably will) undergo some dramatic changes very soon, using dangerous substances is a pretty sure-fire way to get on the fed's radar quickly
- ECFers have made a big enough stink at this point that I think we can all rest easy with our trusted suppliers of USA produced eliquids

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Just so we're clear, you're all reformed smokers, correct? I just want to make sure because I can't remember having a discussion with fellow smokers about the dangerous/potentially dangerous substances we were inhaling and then tracking down the cig companies demanding that they change their ingredients.

Food for thought...
- eliquid suppliers don't want to injure/kill their customers, that is bad for business
- eliquid suppliers don't want to get sued, most aren't big companies and can't afford the liability
- the industry could (probably will) undergo some dramatic changes very soon, using dangerous substances is a pretty sure-fire way to get on the fed's radar quickly
- ECFers have made a big enough stink at this point that I think we can all rest easy with our trusted suppliers of USA produced eliquids

You might want to wander over to the General E-Smoking Discussion board rather than go off topic with debate here.

ETA: Nevermind, you found the party.

Last edited:

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California

Food for thought...

Oversight might just be what this industry needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread