Is there any difference in flavor between Triple Fused Clapton and Alien (3 cores)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Depends who builds them, how well they're built, and then the juice, tank, and wicking method used. That said, the Aliens are very cool to look at, harder to make well, and even then not dramatically better than a triple fused Clapton. Which is why I pretty much stick to a simple dual or occasional triple Clapton for my builds. I even like plain old single core Claptons too. I think there's a diminishing gain with complexity past that. But it also depends on your vape style preference as well.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm only interested in does the difference of winding pattern affects on flavor, that's all
I again would go with “no”. There’s barely a difference between any one exotic coil build and another imho. Twist coils do behave differently than fused Claptons or regular Claptons but that’s about it, and that is just basically ramp time vs total surface area. Everything else is placement and wicking

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Flavour and general performance comes from the atomizer and the way you wick it. Exotic coils are not the magic gateway to a great vape. The only fact about high mass exotic coils like multicore claptons is that they will consume a LOT more wattage, the rest is subjective.
Of the two you listed the aliens will look prettier.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
With a mechanical mod the differences are noticeable to me, at least with pre-built exotic coils. Exotic coils are larger so taking off/adding one wrap is often the most difference you can make to the build and have it still fit before it hits too weak, has an unsafe resistance, ramps up too fast or too slow etc. I suppose if I was building them myself then there would be more leeway to fine tune the perfect coil but fortunately I've found the particular prebuilt coil that works perfectly for me.

I have noticed differences between some exotic coils but nothing I can pinpoint. I preferred geekvapes staggered-staples to normal claptons and I prefer super-juggernauts to those. I haven't tried real aliens, only those falsely labelled flat-wire core claptonsbut I couldn't tell the difference between those and standard claptons.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Well, I just recently joined the clapton bandwagon since getting the Daedalus.

I had once tried a clapton that came with a tank and it was no different than the twisteds I already did. But it must have been a single-core clapton, because with FUSED claptons, I notice a great deal bump up in flavor.. However many cores. So I'm now a convert. (Plus they're rather enjoyable to make.)

But like you, the OP, I can't understand how aliens could be any better at all than the same-core fused claptons. To me, it seems as if both would have EXACTLY the same qualities and surface area. I just can't see how aliens could possibly be any better, as some say. It doesn't seem like there could be any scientific basis behind it. So, to me, anything beyond x-core fused claptons seems like strictly coil-art/build-enjoyment territory to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread