Is there any way to speed the steeping process of juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I actually tried it to mellow some flavors that were too strong and worked like a charm

I was going to post something about juices getting better if they are "aged". I bought some Dekang Cherry at 36 mg and thought it was nasty. I came back to it because I was bored with my other flavors. I swear it was smoother than when I bought it. Probably just my imagination.

Dave

K-Space

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2010
Delaware

Have to second what three putt said. with this heat wave in the east. got three orders in the last two weeks and all have great color and taste:)

just to clarify, i'm not talking about using your mailbox as an incubator. Your juice probaly spends 2 to 4 days in the USPS sytem and since its summer...... by the time it reaches the mailbox its ready to vape:)

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Folks, please becareful about leaving your juices in the heat. The heat can cause your flavorings in the liquid to take a turn for the worst and not the better. If you're going to try the heating thing, do it in small 3ml batches so if things go south, it won't be a total waste.

I remove the cap and dripper and let sit open out of sunlight for 24-48 hours. Recap, shake, and vape. Safest way to do it.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I would like to believe that all this juice preparation works. But my experience is that a bad juice can't be fixed. It makes me suspect that this thread is another attempt get buyers to blame themselves because they can't fix bad juice. When buyers should be blaming the bad juice in the first place, and ceasing to buy any more of it.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I would like to believe that all this juice preparation works. But my experience is that a bad juice can't be fixed. It makes me suspect that this thread is another attempt get buyers to blame themselves because they can't fix bad juice. When buyers should be blaming the bad juice in the first place, and ceasing to buy any more of it.

I haven't seen anyone playing the blame game or talking about bad juice, if a juice isn't going to work for someone, it isn't going to work. I've had 2 like that, I let steep for 6 months and it was just as rank to me as the first day I received those, they wound up getting flushed.

In my experience steeping almost always helps the flavor come around much like some foods taste better after the ingredients have had a chance to work together, soups, chili, etc. I can tell a difference in most of the juices after a week or two and some have been dramatic, so it can help and even in some cases come around enough that it taste totally different, doesn't mean it was bad to start with but you are correct some just won't work for someone no matter what.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I haven't seen anyone playing the blame game or talking about bad juice, if a juice isn't going to work for someone, it isn't going to work. I've had 2 like that, I let steep for 6 months and it was just as rank to me as the first day I received those, they wound up getting flushed.

In my experience steeping almost always helps the flavor come around much like some foods taste better after the ingredients have had a chance to work together, soups, chili, etc. I can tell a difference in most of the juices after a week or two and some have been dramatic, so it can help and even in some cases come around enough that it taste totally different, doesn't mean it was bad to start with but you are correct some just won't work for someone no matter what.

A lot of philosophy that sounds good. It would be nice if it were true. Most of us buy and stock juices ahead of time. I usually see no difference in juices that were good when I first bought them. I try to vape the ones that were bad after they sat for a while. I seem to notice a decrease in the taste of unpure nicotine, though that is the only difference I can see. Overall they are still bad.

On the other hand, a mixed juice is not in liquid solution, so its content will separate as it ages. It was certainly not the intent of the juice manufacturer to vape the juice after its content has separated.

IMHO,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread