Is there knack to the Kissbox manual switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
I had the Classic delivered today and have it rigged up with the USB cable. I only seem to be able to get 2-3 good drags out of it before I get a burning taste. It's not a particularly acrid taste, more like burnt sugar. The vapour doesn't drop off when this happens, I'm getting shed loads of it, just every flavour degrades to burnt sugar after a few puffs.

I've tried using cartridges and dripping directly (which was advised in another thread) but both methods have the same result. Am I missing something here? If you have any tips on how to get the best from this thing I'd be very grateful.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It took me a long time to get used to the Kissbox, I couldn't get the flavour and vapour volume right. I don't use cartridges much anymore and just drip, it works well for me that way. The trickiest thing to get the hang of is keeping the atomiser wet enough but not flooded, it's a bit of an art. If you can get the juice levels right you should find the manual switch easy, just press it as you lift the device to your mouth or a second earlier and keep it pressed for as long as you draw.

Persevere with it, I took ages to get the hang of it but it's great now and I wouldn't be without it.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Two drops at a time Scrub until the taste diminishes. If you're not getting much flavour your atomiser is probably dry, if it gurgles it's probably too wet. I'm not sure about the burned taste and what causes that yet but I tend to think it needs more juice.

Another factor at play sometimes is that some atomisers need to be broken in. I find Janty atomisers are very efficient and over cook the eliquid sometimes leading to a sweetish, burned taste. Mine have improved with use.

Good luck with it.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Maybe that's it - it's definitely vapourising the liquid as I'm getting big clouds of it and the volume doesn't go down. The taste just kicks in after a while and it's a bit like it's caremalised/burnt sugar. Not a bad flavour in itself but not what I'm after.

Maybe it is overcooking, I'll keep on going with it this weekend and see if it settles down.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Hi Ludo,

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that this burnt taste is normal and if so how long does it take to go away? At the moment I'm really not sure about this device at all. It seems that the only way to get a semi decent smoke out of it is dripping. I much prefer cartridges and at present they are next to useless unless I want to inhale 'candyfloss on a bonfire' flavour. There's also a bit of a metallic aftertaste to it which lingers for ages.

smoking gnu

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2008
Wales
rest assured. The atomizers really need some time to get primed well... if a burned taste consists, the atomizer should be replaced. In the meanwhile we are testing new atomizers (type B) these are fully compatible with previous batteries and switches... more news later.

That’s very interesting ludo, when may we be able to get one of these ? A Christmas special maybe?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread