is there only the Endura T18 for me....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Shumway

Nov 15, 2018
Hello,

I switched to vaping with the EnduraT18 and NET liquids.

I own 2 Enduras since the battery runtime is to low for me.
Ok, I thought, let's buy a large Endura T22 tank and put it on an istick40TC on 14watts.

It behaves different and won't satisfy me.
When I draw on my Endura native setup it is okay to me.
On the istick I feel like inhaling too much air and not vapor.
I dont get this satisfying throat hit.

Main reason I am looking to switch away from the Endura T18 is the short batterylife and I have to use the coil every 2-3 days.
(Ok, thats might be due to the NETs) but I cant stand any other liquids.

Is there a mod-atomizer combination out there that replicates the Endura t18 hit ?

Gordon Shumway

Nov 15, 2018
thanks for your answer.
The istick40TC does not have adjustable airflow.

I read on the internet for hours and the tenor was that the t18/t22 has to "breathe" air from beneath the tank. The 510 connection must have some sort of air channels.
So I looked and looked for a small mod with these air channels and found the istick40TC.

The draw is not restricted enough for me. I suck and suck but don't feel satisfied by the hit it gives me, even though I run it at 14watts just like the endura fires at.

I am looking for fellow Endura tank believers that maybe point me in the right direction for what to look at when I want to get away from the Endura battery tube-mod.

I need that tight draw with warm vapor.

p.s. sorry for the bad english. It's not my native language.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Stick your finger over the channel at the front of the istick to see it it helps restrict the airflow. If it does then mess around moving your finger until you get the desired airflow.
On mods that didnt have slots near the 510 I just unscrewed the t22 a little until the airflow felt right.
If all else fails buy a Nautilus 2 or Ijoy Elf tank.

Gordon Shumway

Nov 15, 2018
I just screwed my t18 tank from my endura on the istick40.
Yes, the istick has the air channels.
I tried to block it with my finger while heating the istick at 14watts.

Still, I can't get to behave like the native Endura battery.
This is so frustrating.
Yesterday I was out and came damn close to buying a pack of cigs because the hits from the istick left me craving.
sounds like first world problems but I was really sad.

edit:
there's an interesting finding:
When I wrap a tissue around my T18 on the istick and block the airflow totally I get an acceptable hit at 14watts; similar to my native endura setup.
The t18 atomizer does not sit flush on the istick. There is a tiny gap. Maybe 0.5mm. That might be why the draw is way to loose for me.
Ok, I might need a small battery just like the istick40 with NO air channels on which the t18 can sit absolutely flush.
Am I asking for too much ?

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Plastic shims are widely available to sit between the atomiser and the device - originally designed to stop the atty scratching the mod but ideal to restrict airflow from a mod with air channels....
Checkout FastTech; Authentic Iwodevape PC Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizers (10-Pack) or similar.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Plastic shims are widely available to sit between the atomiser and the device - originally designed to stop the atty scratching the mod but ideal to restrict airflow from a mod with air channels....
Checkout FastTech; Authentic Iwodevape PC Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizers (10-Pack) or similar.
You can also find them at your local hardware store.

Reactions: stols001

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    GREAT.
    thank you.
    Are the these Insulation Gaskets tested for off-gasing ?
    I worry a bit.

is the zenith with the smallest air hole setting comparable to the t18 ?

Absolutely it is. I quit using the t18 pen, upgraded to a t22 kit and the next tank I used was the zenith on a regulated mod.

For me, the zenith was the big brother of the t18 and t22's - absolutely loved it - and you'll be able to use it on your istick.

Edited to add: you could also get the t22 as a kit - and use the spare t22 tank as a backup

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    thank you.
    I just had an idea.
    maybe there is a sort of adapter I can place in between istick and T18 atomizer.
    A sort of plain plate that blocks the air channels but still gives the 510 connection.

Edit: nevermind :( Just noticed it's out of stock and discontinued :unsure:

Edit2: Tank Airflow Controller This is what I was originally looking for and it looks to be instock here ;)

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    thanks for your answer.
    The istick40TC does not have adjustable airflow.

I read on the internet for hours and the tenor was that the t18/t22 has to "breathe" air from beneath the tank. The 510 connection must have some sort of air channels.
    So I looked and looked for a small mod with these air channels and found the istick40TC.

The draw is not restricted enough for me. I suck and suck but don't feel satisfied by the hit it gives me, even though I run it at 14watts just like the endura fires at.

I am looking for fellow Endura tank believers that maybe point me in the right direction for what to look at when I want to get away from the Endura battery tube-mod.

I need that tight draw with warm vapor.

p.s. sorry for the bad english. It's not my native language.
    I really like the T18 tanks, it is my go to if I don't have time to rebuild another tank. I use mine on a Provari Radius and it works great. The Radius and Provari P3's have the air flow vents, that is probably why it works well.

Reactions: stols001

redeuce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    www.nofearmotorsports.com
    Look at the top of the iStick 30. It’s different than the 40. Almost all the people I know on here, myself included, that still use the T tanks use them on either the iStick 30 or a Provari.
    Both replicate the pull of the T18/T22 kit closely.
    My “out and about” setup is- short outing, iStick 30 with T18. All day outing- iStick 30 with T22.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited:

redeuce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs

redeuce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    B0262785-DFEB-4317-B29E-633E979E8868.jpeg
    Just for grins I loaded a T22 up and screwed it into a Provari. Haven’t done it in a long time. The draw is actually a bit tighter than on the T22 battery. But I’m only vaping at 3.8 volts. That’s about 9.6 watts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread