Is there such a thing as a good & inexpensive charger for AW IMR 18650 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

Apr 26, 2015
I started vaping a few months ago, and my son and I are getting some parts together to build a box mod. I know that the batteries are a crucial part, so I'm going to order AW batteries although they are a bit more expensive, but seem highly regarded. (Is there a reliable source of non-counterfeit AW batteries?)

I know that the charger is probably as important as the battery, but I'm on a budget... so I need to ask what the best low-end charger is for the money. Someday I'll get a better charger, but just need one that's "good enough" for now, safe, and won't ruin my batteries.

Thanks!

Randy

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi Randy,

Welcome to ECF! There is an excellent resource here: AW Batteries - Authorised Dealers , for information about AW batteries vs. counterfeits. If you look on the right-hand side, under "Resources", you'll also see links for Authorized dealers in the US and in the UK.

I hope this helps! :)

ghh3rd

Apr 26, 2015
Here's what they post on their web site:

"We sell only Genuine AW batteries. We buy them directly from AW, never from a third party. Each battery is tested before being shipped. We also add our own tamper proof label with a unique serial number / bar code to each battery. We suggest you use this identifying information to track your battery lifespan / usage."

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Kidney puncher is good peeps! Ive ordered batts from them and RTD all the time. I have an Xtar 2 bay charger with the digital screen. I dont know the model number. Its been fantastic!

Edit: it's the VP1. it's been a fantastic charger!!
vp1d.gif

Reactions: Sirius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread