Is this 18650 Battery safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventino24

Dec 16, 2019
I just bought 2 18650 batteries today. I realized that on one of them, there is a small scratch. Is it still safe to use?
9365F7DF-90C1-457A-9C25-B3C6A92D90A4.jpeg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Not really. First, I charged them. After I took them away from the Nightcore i2 charger, one of them got those 2 small scratches on top.

Ok. I would rewrap them. Small tears turn into big tears. What device are you using them with?

My Nightcore has bitten its fare share of batteries.

Juventino24

Dec 16, 2019
Ok. I would rewrap them. Small tears turn into big tears. What device are you using them with?

My Nightcore has bitten its fare share of batteries.

How can I prevent the scratching of the wrap when using the Nightcore i2?I‘m using them with a Vaporesso Luxe S SKRR Tank.

Juventino24

Dec 16, 2019
Back in the day when everyone was vaping at around 10 watts, we'd dab a little nail polish on it and call it good. I still use one of those batteries, but I also still vape at 10 watts.
Ohh Alright. I Vape at 60 Watts. But it‘s better to rewrap them then, if you say so. I am pretty new with these kind of batteries and it‘s better to be safe.

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Back in the day when everyone was vaping at around 10 watts, we'd dab a little nail polish on it and call it good. I still use one of those batteries, but I also still vape at 10 watts.

At 10 watts nail polish is stable. 10.5+ watts it turns into a super conductor which can lead to magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance. You certainly do not want capacitive diractance with your vape :p

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
At 10 watts nail polish is stable. 10.5+ watts it turns into a super conductor which can lead to magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance. You certainly do not want capacitive diractance with your vape :p

So in the end it levitates? The mod leave my pocket could just float away out of my pocket. Better super glue it down.

I had a D4 from Nitecore and had the occasional nick from the sled, but not so often as to be a rewrapping headache. Could just be bad luck on the first or early use of the charger. When the sled loosens up a bit with use it should be even less of an issue.

Reactions: smacuser

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LG wraps suuuuuuuck. They really do.

Always pull the sled down like, further. Lay the battery carefully in it. When removing, try to do the same. Never pull them out sideways. That kind of stuff. I need to rewrap several of my LGS which like, I feel like smoking at the moment so maybe I should do that and distract myself with the lighter.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Also, it is pretty hard to remove those batteries from the Vaporesso Luxe S, without scratching them. I kinda have to use my finger nails to remove them. Does someone know a good way to remove the batteries from the Vaporesso Luxe S device, without using the fingernails?

Could lay a thin ribbon down under the batteries. Pull the ribbon to remove. Just has to be thin enough so it does not effect seating the battery, or the door seating properly.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Are there better 18650 Batteries than the LG‘s then? Maybe batteries with more resistant wraps.

Better is very subjective. Better wraps, I’d say Samsung but even they can get nicked. Also a thicker wraps means a larger battery. Doubt it would be an issue with your Luxe, but I’ve had to change to thinner wraps just to fit the batteries properly with one of my devices.

Aftermarket wraps are usually pretty durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread