Is This 510 Atomizer On It's Last Legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I've got a 510 atomizer that seems to work intermittently. It was one of the originals I received with my original 510 kit and it worked great for a good while. Then I decided to clean it by washing it out, blowing it out and "doing the burn" with my 5 volt manual pass through.

It did the burn well, but I could only get one side to glow bright red. Then it stopped glowing completely. Now, when I try to use it, it sometimes will burn brightly on that one side, but on the next hit, it is completely dead. Then it works again on that one side. Very erratic.

Any ideas? I don't want to toss it if there's a way to make it work again.
Thanks,
Rich

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
The one's that end up glowing only on one side are usually cause the wick is coated heavily...best bet is to continue to blow through both ends..do short 5v dry burns..maybe drip a drop or two at 5v...vape that away..or just take primer puffs(don't inhale) if tastes really bad. I've found that when they get like that it's usually on it's last legs..sometimes you can resurrect them for another week or so...other times I just vape them at 5v till they die. As far as the crud buildup..check your juice..if it's dark colored, it may have undesirable ingredients like caramel color that will definitely mess up an atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread